Bonypart

PvE Frustration

Due to the absence of a PvE server anyone wishing to progress is severely hampered by being forced to seek quests in Contested zones where, from painful experience I struggle daily to proceed without being ganked over and over again. I fully accept that nothing will change but can anyone suggest areas that are safer for a level 15 Horde player to progress which, at the very least will inject a more satisfying and enjoyable gaming experience?

Today took the biscuit when a PvP player n Stonetalon Mountains camped in the same location as my corpse and continually killed me every time I rezzed.

39 minutes ago, Bonypart said:

Due to the absence of a PvE server anyone wishing to progress is severely hampered by being forced to seek quests in Contested zones where, from painful experience I struggle daily to proceed without being ganked over and over again. I fully accept that nothing will change but can anyone suggest areas that are safer for a level 15 Horde player to progress which, at the very least will inject a more satisfying and enjoyable gaming experience?

Today took the biscuit when a PvP player n Stonetalon Mountains camped in the same location as my corpse and continually killed me every time I rezzed.

I too share the same frustrations after playing on a pve server on retail for 10 years, but I've found ways to make it mostly enjoyable so far now I'm lvl 45.

At your level I pretty much stuck to the barrens until I was at least lvl 22, I then started moving into Stonetalon Mountain and that's when the ganking started, thankfully it was only a couple of times (all rogues).  I then Moved onto Ashenvale aswell, moving between Barrens, Stonetalon and Ashenvale and Hillsbrand until I was lvl 30.  As I was reaching Stranglethorn Vale range I wanted to dodge that place as much as I could as the zone is pretty much a cancerous war zone.  I managed to stay clear of it until lvl 38 at this level ranged not many will take you on unless they are in a group.  From 30-38 it was pretty much a mixture of Desolace, Dustwallow, Badlands and Arathi Highlands.   I have definitely found as I've got higher in level that the gankings lesson, but there are still a heap of 60s that make it their mission to pestering everyone below them. 

I've found that when you approach the opposite faction, if you /wave they will generally do the same and everyone goes on their way.  I don't touch anyone unless they attack me first, and a lot of horde players I've quested with share the same mentality.

imo camp ganking someone is griefing and should be met with a ban.

Edited by Arrowdawn