Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

Help/advice requested from experienced raiders

Hi all,

I'm after some advice from experienced raiders on the use of the 'Nightfall' weapon and associated proc in Vanilla. Basically I applied for a newly forming guild on my hunter and was told that there would be 3 raid spots reserved for hunters however they are all required to equip Nightfall and spam wingclip in order to get as many nightfall procs up as possible (combined with swapping to Annihilator in order to keep 3 armour debuff stacks up). This seemed a little strange to me to say the least so I did some research and it looks like he's pulled this strategy from a post from the old Nostalrius forums here where someone posted it as a strategy.... after reading through 10 pages of of replies and becoming increasingly sceptical it turns out in the second to last post that the guy had barely done any raiding and was yet to set foot in AQ40 or Naxx.

So anyway, what I'm really wanting to know is whether anyone who has actually done any serious raiding in Vanilla has seen this being done in any shape or form. I know Nightfall is often used as a debuffer but I'm not sure which classes are generally used to apply the proc. Is it hunters and if so should ALL the hunters be doing it? I'm loathing rolling hunter and being forced to stand in melee range spamming wingclip on every single boss encounter.

Thanks very much.

It's best for a hunter because of wingclip, that part is true. But 3 hunters? No. Just have 1 nf hunter that should be enough, and you dont need to use nf all fight either, there will be time to swap out weapon, and even jump out on range and do some regular rotation. Annihilator is a little bit overrated in my opinion, the armor debuff is nowhere near as big as fx. sunders, but it is probably worth it on very long bossfights. If your guild wish to use annihilator atleast 2 people should have it, to quickly get the debuffs capped and not lose to much dps. Hunters are probably the best candidates to wield annihilator as well, however my guild had 1 hunter and 2 warriors use it.