Sign in to follow this  
Dirk

Getting Fishing skill passed 225 and Nat Pagle

My fishing was at 218 (lvl 45 character) and thought I'd go see Nat to get the quest to level my fishing so i could continue to get skill points while doing his quest. Sadly he had no quest and only vendored items for me or allowed me to buy the Mudskunk Lures. So I hung around and fished beside him to level my fishing to 225 and see if that would help. After hitting 225 i noticed he still had no quest which i thought odd. He would still allow me to vendor items though so I got rid of a few things in my bags as they were bulging at the seams. Then after I de-selected him the question icon popped! I accepted the quest and then thought I'd vendor a few other items only to find out now he doesn't operate as a vendor anymore. Probably will once I complete the quest but this info may be helpful for someone else.

Incidentally the Verdantis River in Feralas is the one just before Dire Maul when coming from the east.

the fishing area for Desolace is the coastline just south of Shadowsprey village.

Fished both these areas and got the required fish in about half a dozen catches. I'll update the other two when I get done.