Sign in to follow this  
edolamberto

really need help with macro

So, i found this topic few lines below that list all macro working here with NO addon required..

well,i dunno what i'm doing wrong but i can't make them work.... for exemple:

Spammable Auto Attack Macro w/ Melee and Ranged swapping (put Shoot or Auto Shot into action slot 1)

/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot OR Shoot") end

Replace Auto Shot or Shoot with your classes ranged auto attack

i really need that because i'm priest and i wanna be able to attack enemy with wand and then switch to melee if they are close, but whatever i do (i followed the instruction carefully) i can't make it work... it just attack with wand even when enemy is in my face

i really need your help

this is exatly what macro looks like

/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Shoot")end

and of course i placed my shoot ability in action slot 1

21 hours ago, edolamberto said:

this is exatly what macro looks like

/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Shoot")end

and of course i placed my shoot ability in action slot 1

It works fine, but you also need to put "Attack" on your bars (doesn't matter what slot).

On 5/31/2019 at 7:47 PM, meridaw said:

It works fine, but you also need to put "Attack" on your bars (doesn't matter what slot).

I did! I put both attack and shoot in my bar but still nothing...

Anyway, I don't thing I need this macro anymore..

I would like a macro that auto target an enemy and start Shooting.. Any help with that? Maybe that also doesn't stop shooting after I cast a spell 

got to be outside of melee range for it to use the wand, tested the macro myself, worked fine. you can find auto target macros in the general folder in the target file, but casting spells will toggle off auto wanding.

19 hours ago, meridaw said:

got to be outside of melee range for it to use the wand, tested the macro myself, worked fine. you can find auto target macros in the general folder in the target file, but casting spells will toggle off auto wanding.

Tnx a lot i guess ill try again..

Just to clarify, I just paste the macro , put attack and shoot on bar then start the macro with a hotkey and it should work?

None of the macro you posted need an add-on?

yep, i don't use any addons for the macros in my git. I wanted to learn more about how  vanilla macros worked, but all i could find was info on macros based on addons, so i started digging deep to find info and macros that would work without them, and started posting it hoping others would like to know more about them aswell.

3 hours ago, meridaw said:

yep, i don't use any addons for the macros in my git. I wanted to learn more about how  vanilla macros worked, but all i could find was info on macros based on addons, so i started digging deep to find info and macros that would work without them, and started posting it hoping others would like to know more about them aswell.

lasy question considering you are so kind to answer.. are this macro compatible with click clasting? 

for exemple, 

Cast Renew if your target doesn't already have the renew buff

/run local check=true; for i=1,32 do if UnitBuff("target",i)~=nil then if string.find(UnitBuff("target",i),"Spell_Holy_Renew") then check=false; end end end if check==true then CastSpellByName("Renew"); end

can somehow be used with LUNA click casting?