Sign in to follow this  
TheDeathSonata

Classic wow discrepancies

Since classic wow beta,blizzard has stated that a lot of private  server info is incorrect and i was just curious if the elysium team had any intentions of updating the game to match those changes for  vanilla or tbc. I like the game as it is. I'm not asking for changes just fyi.

We have done many hours of research to ensure our realm is as close as we can make it to the true original game.

Blizzard has built their classic on top of all the modern technology and API of BFA. Their classic is more a vanilla skin on BFA than it is a true vanilla experience. 

So no, were more true to the original game than they are.

For loot rates and mechanics they are well documented how it worked and loot drop rates are consistent with all available data and every web archive we could find that reported on such things. If something we have that you can specifically point to with a source we will look at it and make any correction necessary. 

Referencing "classic" is not a resource for how the game was in the original state at retail release. 

To add, we do have bugs that are not intended and were not perfect by any stretch. But we did our homework and think we do a good job representing the original game as closely as you can.

I'm absolutely agree with you, it's a very great job with the sources we have.

I didn't reference classic as a source, but this post can be useful to find true source about each points (when you know what you are looking for, it's always better). They list a lot of stupid mechanics that just can't be false (like Arcane Missiles does not put the caster in combat).

Of course Classic isn't Vanilla at all, but it's a good source to check some forgotten mechanics or even reproduce some little events without any source (like the mini-event with this mob https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=10581)