ShadyPerson

Trouble finishing The Tome of Divinity quest

I play on Stormrage server as a human paladin. I try to do the quest called The Tome of Divinity, in which I'm supposed to resurrect Henze Faulk with Symbol of Life on Heroes' Vigil. I go and find Henze's corpse, target it and right click Symbol of Life and it tells me I'm too far away. I repeat my actions while literally standing on poor Henze's corpse, but it still says I'm out of range. I left to do other quests, came back, tried again and failed again. Am I missing something or is this a bug or something? I also noticed that while the quest description tells me to resurrect Henze, the quest objective is Henze Faulk slain. If this is a bug, is there somewhere I should report it or is complaining on the forum enough?

If you could, can you click the GitHub bug tracker link in my signature and make a ticket for this? I don't think this one is reported if it is a bug. The developers can take a look at it.

6 hours ago, Zancon said:

If you could, can you click the GitHub bug tracker link in my signature and make a ticket for this? I don't think this one is reported if it is a bug. The developers can take a look at it.

I went to report a new issue (assuming that´s what making a ticket means, I really don´t know) and when I was writing the headline, it suggested issues that might be related. Turns out the issue has already been reported twice:

https://github.com/elysium-project/classic-bug-tracker/issues/1238

https://github.com/elysium-project/classic-bug-tracker/issues/1147

So I would assume there´s no point in me reporting it in that case?

Can you completely disable every addon you have just for this quest and see what happens? After reading through the reports - theres one with a dev response saying it's been tested and working. Given the amount of Paladins on the server I am guessing that an addonnifnsome kind is effectively stopping you from doing the quest.

22 hours ago, Zancon said:

Can you completely disable every addon you have just for this quest and see what happens? After reading through the reports - theres one with a dev response saying it's been tested and working. Given the amount of Paladins on the server I am guessing that an addonnifnsome kind is effectively stopping you from doing the quest.

I don't really know too much about addons, but I have understood they are something I need to download. If that's the case, I don't have any addons. And if they do come with the game and are automatically on, I don't know how or where to turn them off.

When you first login and are on the character selection screen, there should be an addons button in the lower left. Click on that and it should display any addons you may have. Some of the client downloads do come with a default suite of addons to the game. So its possible you may have some on and not know it.

39 minutes ago, Zancon said:

When you first login and are on the character selection screen, there should be an addons button in the lower left. Click on that and it should display any addons you may have. Some of the client downloads do come with a default suite of addons to the game. So its possible you may have some on and not know it.

I couldn't find an addons button anywhere in my character selection screen, but went to my wow folder and found the folder called addons. Removed everything within the folder and tried to finish the quest. Still didn't work.

A strange thing happened today. I decided to try the quest one more time and this time got Henze resurrected. I have no idea what I did differently, if anything. 

But now I have another problem. I have understood that I'm supposed to complete the quest by talking to Henze, but he wont talk to me, and there isn't a yellow questionmark above his head. So I stood there and soon he died again. 

I decided to try again in case it was just a stupid glitch or something and the same thing happened again. Then I deleted my WDB and WTF folders, because I have heard it can help with problems with quests. I tried yet again, but it didn't work. 

So although I got Henze resurrected, I still can't complete the quest. 

We put a fix in on Thursday for the quest. Glad you were able to get it done!

On 8/24/2019 at 5:43 PM, Zancon said:

We put a fix in on Thursday for the quest. Glad you were able to get it done!

It's nice to hear that a fix has been done. However I think you unfortunately misunderstood what I said. 

Even though I resurrected Henze succesfully, I didn't quite get the quest done. The quest is supposed to be completed by talking to Henze, but he wouldn't talk to me or display a questionmark above him. Therefore I'm still stuck with this quest. 

That's no good. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Please open a GM ticket and if you could, also open a new GitHub bug tracker.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:09 PM, Zancon said:

That's no good. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Please open a GM ticket and if you could, also open a new GitHub bug tracker.

I did both and now my GM ticket has disappeared, but no one has contacted me. Does this mean the problem has been solved, or should I reopen it?

Server crashes can delete tickets sometimes. I was told the quest was fixed, but have also recieved reports it doesn't work. You may want to try again, I don't have a way to test this myself. If still not working then resubmit the ticket.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:38 PM, Zancon said:

Server crashes can delete tickets sometimes. I was told the quest was fixed, but have also recieved reports it doesn't work. You may want to try again, I don't have a way to test this myself. If still not working then resubmit the ticket.

Tried it. At least for me it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!