Webmaster

Linux Vanilla 1.12 Client?

From what I remember , after all the apt-gets to get/update wine + winecfg , you need to set wow to opengl ( since it used to give lowfps/erros in directX )

At this point I wonder if you can just install wine and just wine wow.exe and it will run perfectly.

So just unrar/unzip the installation to a folder , apt-get wine and try to make wine run wow.exe , check the performance / errors and try to "fix" them , if it's running perfect for you from the start you can just skip most of this stuff.

If you're experiencing low performance or graphic bugs like here try to add this to the config.wtf:
For obvious reasons OpenGL runs much better than DirectX.

SET gxAPI "OpenGL"

IF you're missing some character models, backgrounds etc try to add this to the config ( If everything is fine just skip this line ) :

SET M2UseShaders "0"

Some ppl report needing to add this to the config.wtf to make the sound work ( I remember personally I had no issue with this )

SET SoundOutputSystem "1"
SET SoundBufferSize "70"

Some state soundbuffer should go to 100 , others state smaller numbers , if sound if working just leave it be :)

The archlinux wiki actually has a lot of troubleshooting and info about certain perf fixes/bug fixes, so be sure to check it out : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/World_of_Warcraft

Edited by neolitejukebox