Sign in to follow this  
Xashe

Mara gold guide video

Xashe, awesome video.   Can you please tell us what mods you are using.  1 looks like Necrosis.  I cant seem to find that mod anywhere for 1.12.

I also like how your dots are displayed on the right side of your screen.

Please enlighten me.  I leveling a lock and any thing is helpful.

ChaosOrchid

15 minutes ago, Chaosorchid said:

Xashe, awesome video.   Can you please tell us what mods you are using.  1 looks like Necrosis.  I cant seem to find that mod anywhere for 1.12.

I also like how your dots are displayed on the right side of your screen.

yes it is Necrosis, and the dot timer is DoTimer

47 minutes ago, AndrewFromHD said:

Is it possible to farm Mara when you are basically fresh 60 with few pre bis items?

Pretty sure this has been covered, but yes. The croc might not be worth it depending on your gear and how frequently you wipe to him.

I've ran Mara yesterday with a warrior who wanted the ring. The 1st run he died and couldn't roll on loot from purple entrance (ring didn't drop).

The 2nd run he was waiting at the waterfall but couldn't roll on the drops (ring didn't drop anyways, so no big deal).

The 3rd run he did make it with me to princess and ring dropped and he got it =).

Some additional tips if you wanna help a warrior farm the BiS fury ring:

• Group up with another guy from your guild for example, who has time and won't drop group. He can be anywhere in the world. So you're 3 guys in total: Warlock, Rogue/Warrior who wants the ring and some random guy who stays in group. This is necessary so none of you gets ported to Ironforge/Orgrimmar.
  • Don't forget to let the warrior/rogue run through the portal first. If you run in first, the portal will be closed from the outside.
  • If it's a rogue running with you then he can easily sneak past the dinos. If it's a warrior it might be a good idea to bring a few invisibility potions. Watch out for lvl 48 dinos (diematrodon or whatever they called). An experienced warlock can dodge these but if you're unlucky and pull them, you should always have a soulstone up on yourself so you can get away with one fail pull. A warrior failing here will need to corpse run. This means this run is over for him, as he can't make it to your position again.
  • If the ring doesn't drop, both should /camp out of the instance. Here it's important you have a 3rd party member so you won't get ported.
  • Spawn at the purple entrance, reset instance with macro and invite the warrior/rogue and your 3rd guy again. Repeat until you get the desired ring drop =).
Edited by Soullock

If you're doing runs with another 60 to get them the ring you should be able to kill any 3 packs of lizards that aggro, especially if you aim them in a safe direction before AOE fearing. 4 packs may be doable too depending on gear but the most commonly pulled packs are all 3 that I can think of. The last pack before you start down the ramp to princess is 4 but if you hug the right wall around them it's usually easy to avoid pulling, if you hug left and the last lizard is 47/48 that is risky.

Edited by Suprfli6

On 25/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, AndrewFromHD said:

Is it possible to farm Mara when you are basically fresh 60 with few pre bis items?

Rotgrip will probably be too hard in bad gear and I don't think the run is worth doing with just two bosses unless you're selling the rings, but you can do that.

2 minutes ago, Larsen said:

Rotgrip will probably be too hard in bad gear and I don't think the run is worth doing with just two bosses unless you're selling the rings, but you can do that.

I get around 30g/hr just doing goblin and princess, do you have any suggestions for better alternatives? Rotgrip is the least valuable boss of the three by a good margin.

Doing just Princess and gobo, youll have downtime because you will hit your lockout. If you are doing just princess and gobo, get in the habit of killing all the lvl 46-48 worms on your way to gobo. greys stack nicely, and the occasional green will drop (ive gotten a few band of unicorn)

You can also kill the last two giants on the walkway to Princess. Technically you could kill all the giants but you'll have trouble with the patrolling elementals. The giants are buggy if you're at range and they'll just stand there throwing weak boulders for 100 damage, which has a range of like 25 or something less than spellcasting range. Just dot+wand them down from max range. They'll chase if they get into melee range so you may have to pull them by running through one of them and coiling it away while getting some distance. Good way to replenish shards, too.

On 7.2.2017 at 2:55 PM, Suprfli6 said:

The last pack before you start down the ramp to princess is 4 but if you hug the right wall around them it's usually easy to avoid pulling, if you hug left and the last lizard is 47/48 that is risky.

Interesting, I have always gone left but will try right side next time if I have a soulstone up.