damagepy

How do I know if I got banned/hacked? or just login server error?

Some days ago while ingame, WoW crashed several times, got sudden disconnects from game or instant disconnect on login, but once I (and others) received the incorrect password thingie when tried to login. I was shocked, but later I read on forum that the Login server was down (or DDoSed) and when its unavailable, then that is the default message that the client displays. And in fact after a while I could login, password was not changed

But today I receive an account closed message, when I checked the website/forums they were both offline (or too busy) so I tought thats another false client response but now everything online and I get the same message. (about close, and check a wow ban page)

I'm sure I'm not banned since I did nothing, I had no acc on any other server, and since I only created acc (and some character) recently to try out Nostalrius, I had no highlevel character or gold, so if for some weird reason I got hacked, I had max 1 gold on my lvl 30, so I doubt if I got flagged if a seller tried to transfer that 1 gold to another acc :)

Anyway I don't really care if its a real ban and not just a bug, since there was nothing on my acc just some test character, and I mainly used them to setup vanilla addons for the new server launch, but I just wonder if someone gets a ban then what message should appear on login, and if I supposed to receive any email notification? How do I know if its just a server error like the incorrect password message when the login server is down? If I got hacked then how is it possible since I havent played elsewhere, my computer is clean (checked malwarebytes, combofix and many other keylogger/trojan detector) and my password was something I never used before (tho it was simple 6 character but since they can only hack if they know the password itself and they can't use bruteforce trying millions of combinations, it doesn't matter) so maybe it was something serverside? Or should I use a complex password on my new account to avoid being hacked on the new server?

NOT a bug, it's a real ban. Just get used to it. They ban accounts for no reasons. It happens every day! Just keep an eye (if you want) on the forum and you will see people crying all the time how their accounts have been fucked.

6 minutes ago, damagepy said:

Some days ago while ingame, WoW crashed several times, got sudden disconnects from game or instant disconnect on login, but once I (and others) received the incorrect password thingie when tried to login. I was shocked, but later I read on forum that the Login server was down (or DDoSed) and when its unavailable, then that is the default message that the client displays. And in fact after a while I could login, password was not changed

But today I receive an account closed message, when I checked the website/forums they were both offline (or too busy) so I tought thats another false client response but now everything online and I get the same message. (about close, and check a wow ban page)

I'm sure I'm not banned since I did nothing, I had no acc on any other server, and since I only created acc (and some character) recently to try out Nostalrius, I had no highlevel character or gold, so if for some weird reason I got hacked, I had max 1 gold on my lvl 30, so I doubt if I got flagged if a seller tried to transfer that 1 gold to another acc :)

Anyway I don't really care if its a real ban and not just a bug, since there was nothing on my acc just some test character, and I mainly used them to setup vanilla addons for the new server launch, but I just wonder if someone gets a ban then what message should appear on login, and if I supposed to receive any email notification? How do I know if its just a server error like the incorrect password message when the login server is down? If I got hacked then how is it possible since I havent played elsewhere, my computer is clean (checked malwarebytes, combofix and many other keylogger/trojan detector) and my password was something I never used before (tho it was simple 6 character but since they can only hack if they know the password itself and they can't use bruteforce trying millions of combinations, it doesn't matter) so maybe it was something serverside? Or should I use a complex password on my new account to avoid being hacked on the new server?

The message you see for a ban when trying to log into the game is this:

banned.jpg

If you are banned please make a ban appeal.

You can make a ban appeal by following this link: https://forum.elysium-project.org/forum/351-ban-appeals/

And the format to make your ban appeal can be found in this post: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/28545-ban-appeal-information/

1 hour ago, synotaxidae said:

NOT a bug, it's a real ban. Just get used to it. They ban accounts for no reasons. It happens every day! Just keep an eye (if you want) on the forum and you will see people crying all the time how their accounts have been fucked.

Yup. It's like the police. They just start arresting people at random. Just whenever they feel like it. They just pluck you out of a crowd.

1 hour ago, Glenzig said:

Yup. It's like the police. They just start arresting people at random. Just whenever they feel like it. They just pluck you out of a crowd.

Not true. In my country cops are not really randomly arresting people just because they can, they usually have at least some reason. Even if they arrest you, if it's proven wrong they will let you free - which seems not to be the case here.

45 minutes ago, synotaxidae said:

Not true. In my country cops are not really randomly arresting people just because they can, they usually have at least some reason. Even if they arrest you, if it's proven wrong they will let you free -

Yeah. That was my point. 

What's the motivation to randomly ban people?  Why exactly would they bother themselves with that? If they were going to just randomly ban people, why would they even bother banning anyone at all? It would be pointless.

3 hours ago, Microdots said:

If you are banned please make a ban appeal.

You can make a ban appeal by following this link: https://forum.elysium-project.org/forum/351-ban-appeals/

And the format to make your ban appeal can be found in this post: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/28545-ban-appeal-information/

Thx for info

No need to make Ban Appeal, there was nothing on my account, just some very low lvl test char and 1-2 gold, I'm not even curious about the reason, probably got hacked, but I dont know what the hacker could do to cause ban, maybe spamming advertising? :)

I just made another acc preparing for new server launch, its a fresh start anyway, but I hope it will not happen again while I leveling... it was just weird that there was no email or any other notification about what happened and why, so I tought its a bug again.