Sign in to follow this  
Trales

What Flasks/Elixirs/Pots are actually used?

Hey!

Since im closing in on lvl 60 on new server(Elysium), already got my herbalism to max rank, and also close to maxing out alchemy, i was wondering what kind of consumeable are actually used in max level content. Since MC got already cleared within 2 weeks of the server release, i was wondering if people even use some of these, or if its mostly just a waste of money, and only people who absolutly want to top the DPS charts/whatever buy them.

Lets first talk about Flasks:

Flask of Supreme Power: + 150 Spell damage
Flask of Distilled Wisdom: + 2000 Mana
Flask of the Titans: + 1200 HP
Flask of Chromatic Resistance: + 25 to all Resistances

Now i can see why people would buy the first 3, but the last one seems simply a waste of money for me, as there are probably better ways to get +25 to a resistance, where you probably only need 1 during a raid. But which of the others are used/bought the most? Maybe the HP ones to push your raids MT? Or do you really need that extra mana on healers for certain fight? Or is it mostly the DPS who want to look good, and need an extra push, that could mean the difference between 0 and 2%?

Now what about elixirs?

Greater Arcane Elixir: + 35 Spell damage
Elixir of the Mongoose: + 25 Agi, +2% Crit
Mageblood Potion: + 12 MP5
Elixir of Superior Defense: + 450 Armor
Elixir of Shadow Power: + 40 Shadow spell damage
Elixir of Giants: + 25 Strength
Elixir of Greater Intellect: + 25 Int

Now i'm not quite sure how many elixirs you can stack, and if there are some that would overwrite each other, but that seemed the most useful ones for me. There's a bunch of hybrid ones, but i would assume you probably want these ones instead. Maybe someone could point out some elixirs that are actually used but not on my list.
Which of these are used? I would just assume based on your class/specc you just take 1 or 2 of these that push your main or secondary stat.

Now Potions seem pretty clear to me, but maybe im missing something:

People probably always will buy the best healing/mana potions, living action potion for pvp and the absorb potions for certain types of spelldamage, for example fire absorb for MC. Not really sure if the Major Troll's Blood Potion or the Potion that gives + 2000 Armor for a short time are actually used, or overwrite some better effects.

I guess there are always some situational potions/elixirs that people might buy from time to time, like the invulnerability or invisibility ones, but i'm not quite sure if they are really popular.

Would be really cool if you could help me out, and tell me which of these are the most sought/profitable and are worth pumping your herbs into!

Short answer... even on old nost most people didn't use consumes for MC or Onyxia, because its not really needed and the price of black lotus was like 100g.  People really start to use them in BWL.  Mana potions are used all the time.  All the flasks minus chromatic resistance are used.  All those elixirs you listed are used.  FAPs and Swiftness potions are used ALL the time in BGs

Elixir of Greater Intellect does not stack with AI buff from mages afaik.

Use every consumable available you can afford as soon as you leave the main cities, because vanilla is dann fucking hard. And log out for buff saving every 20s after logging in. Otherwise play lego.

On 26.1.2017 at 8:32 AM, Ram said:

Use every consumable available you can afford as soon as you leave the main cities, because vanilla is dann fucking hard. And log out for buff saving every 20s after logging in. Otherwise play lego.

I don't know what your problem is, every of your posts is just total BS and you probably didn't even read my post.

Thanks to all the others tho, i think i've got somewhat of an understanding how to use my herbs now!