Orpheus148

New Pet Level Catch Up

I just dinged level 40 and I've been using a bear, but I'd like to switch to a boar. Unfortunately there are none at my level. How long does it take and what's the best method for leveling up a pet that's a decently lower level than yourself?

Fighting monsters of the same level area will help, I believe it's the same as how you'd level. Your pet will die if there's a huge level gap. Try killing a bunch 3 - 4 levels ahead to get experience quickly. 

On 13-3-2017 at 3:48 AM, Orpheus148 said:

I just dinged level 40 and I've been using a bear, but I'd like to switch to a boar. Unfortunately there are none at my level. How long does it take and what's the best method for leveling up a pet that's a decently lower level than yourself?

Wait a little bit and tame a high lvl boar in badlands

44 minutes ago, smokeit said:

Yeah, pretty much this, unless you want a specific skin.  Leveling pets that are significantly lower than you is a pain.  It's only really worth it for the top tier pets (BT, Lupos, etc.).

2 hours ago, smokeit said:

1 hour ago, Myllz said:

Yeah, pretty much this, unless you want a specific skin.  Leveling pets that are significantly lower than you is a pain.  It's only really worth it for the top tier pets (BT, Lupos, etc.).

These are both true, however, if you do want to lvl a low lvl pet for any reason, its best to farm mobs that are the same lvl as your pet or slightly higher, or if your new pet is really low.. just dont use your pet or dont growl with it, and basically solo anything you can depending on how quickly you can kill them.... this isnt ideal, as if your pet is very low lvl compared to the area you are in, it will constantly agro everything from far away and u get swamped with mobs and your pet will die.

I ideally, for speed and efficiency, you want to kill stuff that you could solo with no pet as easy as poss.. squishy casters for example, you want this because you want to have as little down time as poss (drinking/eating) and burning your mana on each mob will be slow and painful... and potentially expensive.

Also, what i do, is based on my trade skills, i choose the mobs best suited, im LW.. so anything that i can skin is going to be a small/medium/large gold farm at the same time, this applies to anything you can think of that will drop good greys or cloth or whatever is selling atm on your AH... then, at least its not just a waste of your time as you could make gold or farm mats while your doing it.

Edited by Nosleep