Sign in to follow this  
DarkGreen

Feign Death

Is it just me or is there an issue with Feign Death ? Sometimes it simply fails, sometimes it takes hold but puts me back in combat instantly, but in no situation does it allow me place a trap afterwards, not manually, not with a macro ...

Any advice ?

If your pet is attacking or you deal any other damage (Serpent Sting, Trap) after the FD, you reenter combat instantly.

Especially with fast pets like Brokentooth the resulting timewindow is very small.

So, make sure your pet isn't attacking and you have no DoTs or mid-air projectiles that might damage your opponent after FD.

I think FD has a chance of being resisted, considering the "Improved Feign Death" talent, which states that it reduces the chance for FD to be resisted.

But yeah, if your pet hits a mob, that will put you back in combat. If a DoT ticks on the mob, that will put you back in combat too, I think. If you're planning on FD-resetting a mob, you have to make your pet stop attacking, and make sure there are no DoTs on the target.

I use this macro:

/script PetPassiveMode();
/script if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Feign Death") end

This will only FD if you are in combat. So, if you need to FD out of combat for whatever reason, you can just use:

/script PetPassiveMode();
/script CastSpellByName("Feign Death");

Edited by gotmilk0112

You also need to spam any FD/Trap macros.  Since you can't set traps while you're laying down, you can't FD and then lay it.  You basically have to do both at the same time, so spamming a macro that enables both talents is the only way to do it.  I'd say it works 90% of the time if you're fast as hitting it.