An4rki

Profession question

Thinking of going Enchanting for the enchantment on rings - is this possible in vanilla WoW or was it an Expansion extra?

Any other ideas - will be PvE. Leatherworking seems worthless but again I've not played WoW vanilla for 10yrs.

Thanks

Enchanting Rings was introduced with TBC, not Vanilla.

You'll need Engineering if you want to be worthy your Raid-Role as "DPS".

Ah ok, its been a long while haha

Why would engineer be better then? Also wasnt there 2 types of engineer? 

Thanks

Yes, there is Gnome and Goblin Engineering.

You want Goblin so you can craft your own "Goblin Sapper Charges", you can USE them with Gnome Engineering too tho.

For example a Sapper Charge hits for 10-15k in Supression Room. On Chrom. with Fire Vuln, its an easy 2k DMG too. If used with the right amount and timing you can 1 Phase Viscidus with it too.

Seems like a good addition so yeah why not then, think I got to 225 in engineering back in the day and then TBC was released and I changed to Jewelcrafting.

Oh well, gives me something to do doesnt it.

Thanks

You don't earn money with LW and Alch. Everyone has an Alch. Alt and each guild has 1 LW that gets funneled the recipes, thats it.

For earning money you herb and mine.

I've decided that my raiding days are done. I'm only playing with a couple of friends for a feel good factor of playing WoW again so ill take enchanting and mining. I remembered doing engineering last time and I hated it and maxxed it out before TBC came out and I changed to JC. 

Ill do Strat and Scholo when I get to those levels and that will probably be it for high lvl instances as I guess PuG'ing doesnt go down well in vanilla WoW.

Thanks for your comments all

There are weekly MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20 Pugs that clear the Instance rather fast. (Our Guild for example did a couple 60-70 Mins MC Pugs)

On 2017-5-9 at 10:36 AM, Alrik said:

There are weekly MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20 Pugs that clear the Instance rather fast. (Our Guild for example did a couple 60-70 Mins MC Pugs)

Good to know that PuGs are still a thing as back in the original days PuGs were deemed a failure before they even started. Our raiding guild would never allow its members to go on a PuG even if they werent part of the raid party that week.

Looking forward to getting back in Scholo/Strat as I loved those instances and have to familiarise myself with the actual raids - I remember BWL and ZG I believe.