hey I just have a quick question. I don't really plan on raiding at all at max level. mostly just end game dungeons and a little bit of PvP. that being said can I play any class however i want without being rejected from groups. I would like to play Ret paladin or maybe one of the other hybrid classes as their dps role. thanks for any input.

Generally speaking you will be rejected from some groups for playing the hybrid specs, because you bring less to the table than the "pure" dps classes and DPS is the easiest roll to fill generally speaking. If you are persistent you will generally be able to eventually find groups, but you are the last choice for anyone running a group. The sole exception is if theres a group with a druid healer, where a ret paladin would bring resurrect to the table which is fairly valuable in that specific circumstance.

Warrior tanks wont let a ret paladin into their groups and risk them taking their gear.

3 hours ago, Storfan said:

Warrior tanks wont let a ret paladin into their groups and risk them taking their gear.

It's not their gear if the warrior is Prot. They just want that gear to be their gear. The same kinda players would deny a fury warrior aswell.

I personally consider rets to be a pseudo DPS. Saying that, I don't mind having 1 as you provide nice buffs. I'd still prefer having a fury warrior tho.
There is no class/spec that is not gonna get rejected by groups.

44 minutes ago, Justme said:

It's not their gear if the warrior is Prot. They just want that gear to be their gear. The same kinda players would deny a fury warrior aswell.

I personally consider rets to be a pseudo DPS. Saying that, I don't mind having 1 as you provide nice buffs. I'd still prefer having a fury warrior tho.
There is no class/spec that is not gonna get rejected by groups.

Considering DPS supply is often higher than demand, why would a group take a feral cat over a rogue, or mage, or lock, or what ever?. I often find that when I host a dungeon run or raid and say the words LFM DPS you'll get absolutely flooded with whispers and every single time I would decline ferals, retris, elemental shamans etc as there are always more competent DPS classes to choose from which also provides better utility.

tldr: If you choose a meme spec you will get rejected.

44 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Considering DPS supply is often higher than demand, why would a group take a feral cat over a rogue, or mage, or lock, or what ever?. I often find that when I host a dungeon run or raid and say the words LFM DPS you'll get absolutely flooded with whispers and every single time I would decline ferals, retris, elemental shamans etc as there are always more competent DPS classes to choose from which also provides better utility.

tldr: If you choose a meme spec you will get rejected.

Didnt I say that I consider rets to be a fake dps and that i prefer a fury?

or you can make your own groups. 

Play whatever the hell you want if you arent going to raid, what does it matter? =) 

Man play what ever you want. I play ret end game and have not once been rejected from a group. People just do not care in 5mans.