Sign in to follow this  
roxus01

Questions about the Community (New Player)

Hello fellow WoW players. I've recently been interested in playing an MMO again, and I've heard about how fun it is to play on a Vanilla WoW private server. The grinding and learning curve seems fun and all, but I'm just wondering if there is an active community to converse with. I've always loved the bond that players had with community's in MMOs  and I feel like MMOs today can't deliver the same player base. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does Elysium have a community that gets along well and doesn't just care about the grind of the game? Coming from a long-time MMO player, (played WoW during MoP as well as many other MMOs (yes, Runescape)) I feel like a thriving community is the most important aspect of any online multiplayer game.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to see some of you in game.

6 hours ago, roxus01 said:

I've always loved the bondage that players had with community's in MMOs  and I feel like MMOs today can't deliver the same player base.

We don't have RP servers so I don't how many like minded kinky bondage players you'll find but with a community as big as Elysium's you'll a find a little bit of all types of players.

5 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

We don't have RP servers so I don't how many like minded kinky bondage players you'll find but with a community as big as Elysium's you'll a find a little bit of all types of players.

My mistake for not realizing the context of that word LMAO. Fixed now.

With active community you mean like people talking in world and being somewhat friendly to eachother, helping eachother out etc or what?

Assuming it being about people helping & being friendly etc...
There is fair deal of raidloggers who only log in to raid. Similar to those ones who only stare at the metagame they think they've figured out and only want to play that. For example I've faced multiple people who refuse to take druid as healer for tribute run on DM and similar situations to that.

I've played on all 3 pvp servers (Ana ally side, Ely on horde and ally, ZK on horde) and I've found Ely being the most hostile in general. Being the memeserver it is prone to have the people who've looked one youtube video and think they're the pro afterwards, just goin around and spitting on anything that comes into their mind.

However, even on ely there are many guilds and people who are getting along well and are helpfull etc. They're just not that active on /world. When the ZK is being merged to other servers it will be interesting to  see what will happen on the communities and so called communities on other servers.

The point I'm trying to make here is that when you initally hop on a server and join /world, there will be a lot shit, toxiity and casual racism (especially on ely) goin on. But you can find the community you want to play with if you look for it. Add people you enjoyed playing with and just /ignore the ones you didn't etc. This shit aint like it used to be on retail vanilla but then again the playerbase is completly different as well.

All servers have their share of hostile players, though my experiences on Darrowshire have been pretty much only good ones.

2 hours ago, Schadenfreude said:

With active community you mean like people talking in world and being somewhat friendly to eachother, helping eachother out etc or what?

Assuming it being about people helping & being friendly etc...
There is fair deal of raidloggers who only log in to raid. Similar to those ones who only stare at the metagame they think they've figured out and only want to play that. For example I've faced multiple people who refuse to take druid as healer for tribute run on DM and similar situations to that.

I've played on all 3 pvp servers (Ana ally side, Ely on horde and ally, ZK on horde) and I've found Ely being the most hostile in general. Being the memeserver it is prone to have the people who've looked one youtube video and think they're the pro afterwards, just goin around and spitting on anything that comes into their mind.

However, even on ely there are many guilds and people who are getting along well and are helpfull etc. They're just not that active on /world. When the ZK is being merged to other servers it will be interesting to  see what will happen on the communities and so called communities on other servers.

The point I'm trying to make here is that when you initally hop on a server and join /world, there will be a lot shit, toxiity and casual racism (especially on ely) goin on. But you can find the community you want to play with if you look for it. Add people you enjoyed playing with and just /ignore the ones you didn't etc. This shit aint like it used to be on retail vanilla but then again the playerbase is completly different as well.

Thanks for the response! That is what I mean by an active community. A lot of times it feels like I'm playing a solo game until you hop in dungeons and raids. Some games I'll find myself trying to strike up a conversation with a player, but get no response. I just wish for a community that responds to each other, and not solely focused on just running content and getting gear. Whether it be toxicity or optimism, I just wish to immerse myself in a world that I feel like I am a part of. It's kind of hard if everyone you try talking to seems like a walking statue. Maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe I've just been burned out of MMOs, but I've really been seeking to get that social, immersive feel from a game. (and I know retail WoW doesn't have that feel, though I have heard Legion is amazing)

The only whispers you receive are from gold sellers.  World chat is filled with gold sellers.  You can see where I'm going with this.

Elysium tends to be about 55% hoard, 45% alliance.  Not always true of course.  There are many times during the day when it's close to 50/50. 

But i play on Alliance (the smaller faction any way you cut it) and am in awe of how busy things are.  Granted i just started playing, but everywhere i go there are people in massive numbers.  Just last night the Hoard attempted to attack Stormwind.  They must have done some damage because the bankers were all dead (actually the one in the middle survived).  I didn't see the fight, but i did see the skeletons.  Literally hundreds of skeletons. 

It's a blast man.  You'll find people to play with no matter what your interests are.