Sobreta

Leveling a healer?

I started playing pally in BC and continued until I quit at the end of Warlords. By far my favorite class, and I'm thinking of starting a new one! I had a few questions though. I prefer healing, but this isn't practical for leveling outside of grinding dungeons. Can prot heal dungeons while leveling? How is prot for leveling? I remember it was a blast in BC, but as I played horde I never played the class in vanilla and have no clue what it was like.

Also, if I join a group as a healer, is it okay to roll on healing gear even though I might be prot spec? Seems opinions on this vary from person to person, so what's Elysium's general etiquette on this one?

I havent played Paly but my friend is currently levelling his as Holy and seems to be doing ok. His Paly and my Rogue together work through most questlines without any issues. As far as rolling on healing or Prot drops - its whatever the group agree to when you are in the party. 

My Priestess for instance, I need on all holy gear as I am healing in SFK etc but if a good caster item drops, and noone in the groups, i always ask politely whether I can need for  me being a SP - most are fine with it.

well, my question was more can I heal if I'm prot spec. I don't have anybody to level with, so I have to be able to quest solo and have never had a good time doing that as holy lol.

If I ask the group up front at the start if I can roll on healy gear and they say no, would it be unpardonably rude for me to drop group? I mean I don't want to run a dungeon if there's nothing in it for me :|

I enjoy leveling holy, I get the AoE at 20 and normally tank if we can't find a tank.

as for gear and healing save up int gear (+healing when you get higher).

soling quests isn't an issue for me since I can AoE and heal myself.

(keep in mind AoE is for multiple mobs)

3 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

I enjoy leveling holy, I get the AoE at 20 and normally tank if we can't find a tank.

as for gear and healing save up int gear (+healing when you get higher).

soling quests isn't an issue for me since I can AoE and heal myself.

(keep in mind AoE is for multiple mobs)

how much Intel do you want when you are solo questing as holy? or can you just go ham with strength gear and be fine?

On 6/22/2017 at 0:23 PM, Orpheus148 said:

how much Intel do you want when you are solo questing as holy? or can you just go ham with strength gear and be fine?

It depends.

Since I am familiar with all Roles/Talent Specs, I use the int/healing fear for dungeons as the healer.

for everything else I go for the Ret gear build. "of the bear"/"of the eagle".

i use str/int gear too if I come across it.

when it comes to multiple mobs I throw on shield to handle them better