Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
denzah

Looking for 1.4/1.5 and BWL Fury Bis list

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am looking for 1.4/1.5 and BWL(1.6)  Bis list for ORC warrior Fury.

thx in advance guys

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.4/1.5 upgrades:

Onxyia Tooth Pendant - Onyxia

Onslaught Girdle - Ragnaros

Band of Accuria - Ragnaros

Quick strike Ring - Magmadar/Garr/Baron/Golemagg

Striker's Mark - Magmadar

Wristguards of Stability / Wristguards of True Flight - Flamewaker bosses / Majordomo Chest

 

1.6 upgrades: 

Drake Talon Pauldrons  - Ebonroc/Flamegor/Firemaw

Cloak of Draconic MightCloak of Firemaw - BWL trash mobs / Firemaw

Chromatic Boots - Chromaggus

Drake Fang Talisman - Ebonroc

Master Dragonslayer's Ring - Nefarian

Malfurion's Blessed Bulwark - Ebonroc

Legguards of the Fallen Crusader - Firemaw

Circle of Applied Force - Flamegor

Not sure about these last 3 items but thought I'd include them for completion.

 

Rest of the slots are just pre-raid items that you can find pinned on this board. Also a buttload of raid weapons in each patch, but I don't know enough about weapons so I'm hoping someone else can fill that in. 

Also honorary pre-raid mention that I don't really see people talking about much: Savage Gladiator Leggings. In either 1.4 or 1.6 they will have 25 Strength, 25 Agility and 25 HP, making them a pretty decent alternative if you need to break the Black Dragonscale Set, though it will be nerfed to shit sometime after 1.9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malfurion's, Legguards of the Fallen Crusader and Circle of Applied Force (as an alternative to QSR) are all great, but imo much better when ZG hits, because of the +15% stats bonus of the Hakkarbuff. As Alliance you even get +10% BoK on top which makes these items really really good.

Band of Accuria might be BiS for some time but is wasted on Fury Warriors imo. Should go to Rogues, Tanks, Hunters first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brynja said:

Band of Accuria might be BiS for some time but is wasted on Fury Warriors imo. Should go to Rogues, Tanks, Hunters first.

Tanks > Rogues > Fury.

Tanks will use BoA until T3 chest.    Rogues will use BoA until 4/9 T3.  Fury Warriors will use BoA until 1.10 Titanic Leggings.  Hunters will use BoA until Applied Force + Dragon Ring /  ZG Signet Ring Set.

Tanks have the longest life span for that ring hands down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

Tanks > Rogues > Fury.

Tanks will use BoA until T3 chest.    Rogues will use BoA until 4/9 T3.  Fury Warriors will use BoA until 1.10 Titanic Leggings.  Hunters will use BoA until Applied Force + Dragon Ring /  ZG Signet Ring Set.

Tanks have the longest life span for that ring hands down.

For a fury warrior, any combination of the rings below is better than BoA provided you are above 8% hit. But you got the priority list right anyways. Any Lootcouncil or even DKP-using guild that gives BoA to anything other than a tank is making a huge mistake.

Quickstrike ring

Don Julio's Band

Master Dragonslayer's Ring

Ring of the Qiraji fury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mention until Titanic Leggings because with a fury using BoA would then be able to use Hakkar neck and Gun as well.   The difference is small but it is there.  

We are back to 8% hit again?  Not 9%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

I mention until Titanic Leggings because with a fury using BoA would then be able to use Hakkar neck and Gun as well.   The difference is small but it is there.  

We are back to 8% hit again?  Not 9%?

I dunno, I forgot whether its 8% or 9% all the time. Either way, with AQ40 gearing you'll be able to reach 13-14% hit (if you wanted to).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked this up in the source code recently.  Assuming weapon skill is at least 300, for melee/ranged yellow attacks, miss chance is coded as 5% + penalty based on weapon skill and mob defense:

If (mob def - wep skill) > 10, penalty = (mob def - wep skill - 10) * 0.4% + 2%

Otherwise penalty = (mob def - wep skill) * 0.1%

For attacks that require a weapon (e.g. HS), wep skill is set to your actual weapon skill including racial/gear bonuses.  But for attacks that don't require a weapon (e.g. Shield Slam), wep skill is set to 300.  Either way, the worst case miss chance is 9.0% so that's how much hit you need.

Re: Band of Accuria, I understand the logic about fury warriors, but I've seen hunters use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJT3mKYr5ru2VOvwb1EMf43BjSx52yZdJiHVZGi8J1o/pubhtml#

BoA is listed there until Naxx patch.  Is there a better combo for hunters that gets them to +9% hit without using BoA in 1.7 and 1.9?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For an orc, my best guess is the following (World Buffed>=Raid Buffed):

Lionheart Helm

Prestor's >= Onyxia Tooth (Eye of Hakkar iff you are not crit capped)

Truestrike >= Drake Talon

Puissant >= Draconic Might

Malfurion's >= Cadaverous

Wristguards of Stability >= Berserker Bracers

Edgemaster's (bosses only) >= Flameguard

Onslaught

R12 Legs

Chromatic Boots

Quickstrike + Master Dragonslayer

HoJ + DFT

2xR14 >> Crul + Doom's Edge (possibly CTS with Edgemaster?)

Striker's Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, an aside regarding weapon skill and hit. Ive noticed that even with 7-8% hit, and therefore 9%+ hit after accounting for weapon skill, ive missed executes (about 1% miss). There are 2 components to execute, a component that check if you have rage, have a weapon, are in range, etc... and a component that deals the damage. Currently Execute does not trigger main hand procs. This leads me to believe that Execute's damage component is not affected by weapon skill, so therefore it is always beneficial to have 9% hit if possible, regardless if your weapon skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Omgdontdie said:

Also, an aside regarding weapon skill and hit. Ive noticed that even with 7-8% hit, and therefore 9%+ hit after accounting for weapon skill, ive missed executes (about 1% miss). There are 2 components to execute, a component that check if you have rage, have a weapon, are in range, etc... and a component that deals the damage. Currently Execute does not trigger main hand procs. This leads me to believe that Execute's damage component is not affected by weapon skill, so therefore it is always beneficial to have 9% hit if possible, regardless if your weapon skill.

I've also noticed that Bloodthirst & Shield Slam both miss under 9% hit at 305 weapon skill, I assume it's because they do not require a meele weapon to use, and thus are unaffected by weapon skill. You never want to miss a Bloodthirst, so even if Execute gets changed to always hit at 6%, it would still be beneficial to aim for 9%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, psychomator said:

anyone can help me. BWL cooming next week so i think about my weapons. I have edges and im human. What weapons should i take?

Optimal setup for a human warrior with Edgemasters is Viskag MH + CTS OH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Storfan said:

Optimal setup for a human warrior with Edgemasters is Viskag MH + CTS OH.

Which isn't very really realistic though. Get Vis'kag or CTS for your MH.

Try to get a Core Hound Tooth for your OH, it's really nice with Edgemaster's. Brutality Blade would be even better. Doom's Edge is also a good starting point and it drops all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTS+Mala+Flameguard will outperform Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters

If you really want to tryhard, 2xR14+Edgemasters and IF+CTS+Flameguard(after the fix) should also outperform Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omgdontdie said:

If you really want to tryhard, 2xR14+Edgemasters and IF+CTS+Flameguard(after the fix) should also outperform Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters. 

I'm not even sure if 2xR14 + Edgemaster's is even better than CTS + Mala + Flameguard as Human with Zandalar & BoK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are right, but it kind of depends on the situation. I think for single target CTS+Mala+Flameguard pulls ahead, but once you start cleaving I don't think anything outperforms R14. Either way, if you have any of those 4 combinations you are in a really good spot and the difference is only a matter of a few dps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×