Shedur

Upgraded Blue PvP Set on Elysium

The Upgraded Blue PvP Set is needed now and not with 1.11 for a healthy PvP Community. Right now it makes absolutely 0 sense to rank to only R10 because the blue set is shit for the most classes. Please change that like it was on Nostalrius that more ppl start to do PvP. You made so many non-blizzlike changes because it's 2017 and because of the high population, and these changes are needed, so why stick to Blizzlike with the Blue Set?

Thanks

4 часа назад, Shedur сказал:

The Upgraded Blue PvP Set is needed now and not with 1.11 for a healthy PvP Community. Right now it makes absolutely 0 sense to rank to only R10 because the blue set is shit for the most classes. Please change that like it was on Nostalrius that more ppl start to do PvP. You made so many non-blizzlike changes because it's 2017 and because of the high population, and these changes are needed, so why stick to Blizzlike with the Blue Set?

Thanks

That set is not so bad at all, and good for some specs, like Sp or Ret.

1 hour ago, Phoosy said:

There's already a thread for this.

GM said in the PvP Section that we have to open a Topic in the Suggetions Forum if we want this to be changed.

Please stop ignoring this problem Elysium.

It is a problem, and if you can't see why it's a stupid decision, then you shouldn't be running a vanilla server. It's actually that simple.

Do you even think why nost decided to update the gear earlier? Don't you see pvp is dying, especially horde side where it turned into a chinese shitshow honor boosting ring? You need to maintain a healthy PvP community... I'll just casually dump this here btw for all those who claim hurp durp PeVEpE gir betir then PvE BiS https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s9CLO31HDTjs2qPAn2FILB1dulLm1kup3G5Ih-Wrorg/edit

Hi,

I'm here to suggest a change to the timeline that Elysium have reverted to, the initial "blizzlike" timeline of updating the blue and epic pvp gear in the Naxx patch.

This is a mistake, and to highlight that we should take a look at how Nostalrius did it. They updated the blue set in BWL, and the epic set in ZG to keep it in line with current content progression. This is a necessary change to Blizzard's original timeline for a number of reasons in order to make ranking for any class other than Warriors and Rogues worth it from a pve standpoint. All the ranking gear (with very few exceptions) becomes completely obsolete in AQ40. What's the point in making un-blizzlike changes to the server, to promote pvp activity (25g respec cap among other things) if you're going to completely ruin casual pvp participation among the community with a decision like this? (in the case of the blue r7-10 set being useless) The simple answer, is that it's quite obvious that very little consideration has been put into this decision, because anyone looking at the situation logically would realise that it's not the correct decision to make.

Why would you waste 1200 hours on a rank 13 grind when current BWL gear is better? It's very obvious, you wouldn't. Nobody would. Same situation in AQ/Naxx/Anywhere after ZG patch basically, what's the point in wasting all of your time on a grind that gives you no reward? You wouldn't.

Please don't cite "it's blizzlike" because that's a cop-out of an answer as there's been un-blizzlike changes already made to this server in the aim of balancing things like the economy (DM lasher packs/Pickpocket changes) and equally, you can't use "well nostalrius did it" as an excuse either when that was the response I was given about why using Stinkyqueue to raid queue AV was bannable on Elysium.

Even if you don't take my feedback onboard, I'd appreciate a solid and reasoned response as to why you feel this is a good idea.

Thank you for your consideration.

They're deleting my post and not dealing with it anyway.

I don't see any reason why not just add the upgraded sets, at least the blue one. More incentive for casuals to try and get some ranks, more people queue'ing, more fun? What's the argument against it?

Its not blizzlike, and the upgraded blue set is BiS for many classes in PvE. Not to mention this has been in your timeline since day 1 of your server. It's funny how much this one issue uncovers how PvP these days is ALL ABOUT THE GEAR and not about the pvp. Pvp in retail was all about being the best, fighting the other premades and getting those crazy wins or losing by the skin of your teeth. Now its MAX HONOR SCREW PREMADE VS PREMADE GIVE ME ITEMS.

1 hour ago, Haestingas said:

Its not blizzlike, and the upgraded blue set is BiS for many classes in PvE. Not to mention this has been in your timeline since day 1 of your server. It's funny how much this one issue uncovers how PvP these days is ALL ABOUT THE GEAR and not about the pvp. Pvp in retail was all about being the best, fighting the other premades and getting those crazy wins or losing by the skin of your teeth. Now its MAX HONOR SCREW PREMADE VS PREMADE GIVE ME ITEMS.

Blizzlike is no reason not to upgrade the gear at a more sensible time. Especially considering this server has already shown that it doesn't mind stepping away from blizzlike (respec cost changes, DM/N changes to stop hunters solo-farming, DM/E Lasher packs, random devilsaur spawns instead of 15m spawn timers, battlegrounds before patch 1.5)

Tier 2 gear is better than the blue set in 99% of cases, and better than the epic set for most classes as well since pvp specs are usually vastly different to pve specs. Once again, ZG is the optimal time to update the gear because it makes it fairly even with the gear available at the time, why else do you think Nostalrius did it that way?

"Screw premade vs premade" Sorry mate, try playing horde, every game is premade vs premade and it's hella fun.

Nobody's asking for anything special here, it's not a "GIVE ME ITEMS" thread, it's a please do the sensible thing Elysium thread.

2 piece upgraded blue set is bis for pve for warriors until AQ. It's ok, I realize you guys are so concerned about this issue that you didn't read the other post begging for the same thing with ~6 pages of arguments.

2set isn't bis for warriors, you clearly don't know what you're talking about so please stop getting involved.

and if there's another post with 6 pages of arguments, perhaps Elysium should listen to these people's concerns instead of sweeping it under the rug.

I certainly know what I'm talking about, I was regularly in the top 5 average dps and set a record on golemagg using that 2 piece IN MARCH that still stands to this day. I have top 10 parses on a ton of bosses using that 2 piece set. So tell me what are YOUR qualifications for saying I don't know what I'm talking about?

What server was this on?

Because it wasn't Elysium.

I've played in the top guilds on Elysium since launch, and if you think that blue 2set is bis then I'm sorry but you actually don't know what you're talking about.

Settle down kid, you got good rng on one bossfight and think that's relevant?

It's not.

@tribe and @Haestingas, please stay on topic. We're not here to fight each other, we're all trying to promote a reasonable timeline for pvp gear to be released.

I think the hard part is that the developers don't play their own game so they don't understand our concerns. There may be a few that raid log, but none of them PvP so they don't see any issue with their system currently.

Reguardless, many players who are active in the PvP community would support the Elysium staff reviewing this issue thoroughly and hopefully find a timeline that would not make our efforts trivial. 1.7 would be amazing, 1.9 would still be good, but 1.11 is awful.

1 hour ago, tribe said:

What server was this on?

Because it wasn't Elysium.

I've played in the top guilds on Elysium since launch, and if you think that blue 2set is bis then I'm sorry but you actually don't know what you're talking about.

Settle down kid, you got good rng on one bossfight and think that's relevant?

It's not.

Poor guy, is reading comprehension beyond your capabilities? Here let me help you out since you obviously are lacking in brainpower. I'll bold the important part so you don't miss it again.

Haestingas

"2 piece upgraded blue set is bis for pve for warriors until AQ."

Tribe

"2set isn't bis for warriors, you clearly don't know what you're talking about so please stop getting involved."

That help you out champ? Next time when you get into an argument I suggest you actually read what you are arguing about, it tends to help you not look like a complete idiot.

The PVP item sets are so bad right now, if they go by the timeline and release it at 1.1 there is no reason to PVP at all for the entire life of the server. At every point in the game, the current PVP set will be worse than raid gear and this is why a lot of other private servers took into consideration and released the updated pvp sets earlier on like during ZG or AQ. Even then when PVP set is updated it will still be worse than AQ gear, so what is the point of PVPing at all? The dev's really need to take into consideration the players that PVP. It is a dedication not many people can go through, and only the hardcore players can make it. Why hurt the most hardcore players? Although Nostalrius team turned their back on us, during the time they were still developing this game they listened to their player base and understood the situation so they released the updated gear earlier.

And you all keep telling us to stop bringing this topic up and closing threads... Players are still bringing this up because it's an important issue and they feel like they aren't being heard. No matter how many threads you close I still believe people will bring this topic up again and again till the developers actually take the time to think and listen to their players.

I was referring to the blue updated 2set, it's not bis for warriors.

Either way, Faves is completely right, this is an important issue.Regardless of me bickering with an imbecile, it's something that needs looking into instead of being ignored by the staff, particularly when the previous people running the server already stated clearly that it would be released 2 weeks into AQ40 (not great but a fair compromise). Elysium have already deleted the thread confirming this though :/

36 minutes ago, tribe said:

I was referring to the blue updated 2set, it's not bis for warriors.

Chest 1% crit 21 str 

Legs 2% crit 12str

+40 attack power for 2 piece

Total 3% crit  106 attack power (unbuffed)

Feel free to post what you think beats that before AQ. You talk a lot of trash for someone who has posted nothing of substance.

Unupgraded r12 legs (16 str+2crit+1hit) and Malfurions (40 str chest)

Total:

112AP 2% crit 1% hit.

Crit is basically wasted considering you'll be over critcap with wbuffs and consumables anyway so you're better off going for pure str/ap/hit

How's that for substance, Ape.

I'm just going to ignore the R12 stuff because that's just beyond idiotic to bring into this discussion. The reason I'm arguing about the R8 blue gear is because that's easily attainable for the majority of the server. R12+ takes serious dedication and should be rewarded with strong gear (which it already is).

Cloudkeepers 20str 20agi Activate for 100ap for 30seconds 15min cd

Malfurions 40str

Total 120ap 1% crit compared to 106AP 3% crit  

14ap vs 2% crit

So the blue combo beats the Malf + Cloudkeepers when the Cloudkeepers are on CD. Assuming you are in a good guild the cloudkeepers wouldn't be up every fight, you would be able to use it ~3x in MC and ~4x in BWL. So for 3/10 fights of MC Cloudkeepers is better, and for 4/8 fights BWL Cloudkeepers is better. So 7/10 fights in MC the blue combo win, and 4/8 fights in BWL the blue combo wins.

How's that for substance? Looks like Blue combo still wins for the majority of fights. If you are a true tryhard you would have both. You would NOT be crit capped using the blue gear if you wear the BiS items available to you.