Sign in to follow this  
Cronescope

A proper healer for Vanilla

Hey there,

I stopped this game 10 years ago at mid TBC.

could someone remind me please is rolling a druid for healing in dungeons/pvp/raids a good idea?

I played priest in vanilla, it's a kickass class and arguably the go-to healer iirc, but I'd like to try a new class.

I see on the internet ppl saying druid is a jack of all trades worthless class, but IIRC back in the day there were plenty of druids apparently doing OK.

Druid work fine, usually people using 1-4 of them in "serious" raid and maybe more on pugs if they're in a hurry. This, if you aim for the end game pve. They can heal all the 5 and 10mans as well withoiut problem, even with bad gear. And with proper gear you can just hop on bear form and tank an instance as well.

On pvp they tend to be the go to flag carriers on wsg and are utilized on AB as well with premades. Leaving AV out since it is more of  a raid than BG. They are not rly worthless but require skill to be utilized well. The difference between avg druid and good druid in pvp is big.  For reference you can look up Oyoyo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVymmQyFNVc .

Biggest cockblock you have on playing druid will be these Mr. and Miss World first raiders who circlejerk the 40man raidmeta without understanding the reasoning behind it and can't themselves clear MC.  They will give you shit for picking druid simply for being one and refuse to take you healing 5mans and so on. But yeah, if you are willing to take some shit I have found it rewarding class to play. Especially in wpvp when people get confused on me goin agressive and not just running away.

Alternatively, Holy Paladins geared for Spell Power (typically means Cloth rather than Plate) make for the fastest "snipe" Healers around, if you want to try a different option.

Thanks guys for your great responses.

Is it though viable to play as a healer in BG and pvp?

I mean there is no resilience like there was in TBC which, I believe, made healers somewhat tanky and not get two shotted.

Can the bear form somewhat make druid a viable BG healer?

5 hours ago, Cronescope said:

Can the bear form somewhat make druid a viable BG healer?

Uh ... Bear Form can't heal anyone else.  You have to be in Night Elf/Tauren Form to cast any healing spells from the Restoration tree ...

4 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Uh ... Bear Form can't heal anyone else.  You have to be in Night Elf/Tauren Form to cast any healing spells from the Restoration tree ...

Yes I know that.

Basically my question was can a restoration druid be viable in pvp without getting two-shotted in vanilla. And can bear form somewhat be helpful with it: for example, self HOT + bear combo comes into my mind.

Yea,hot+Bear form or hot+travel form is OP. Thats the reason of druid supremacy in wsg.

BUT if you get stunned outside of bear form,you will die fast. 

With 8/11/32 spec you will have lot of fun in pvp.

If you want a spec which can also tank dungeon go for 0/30/21

Druid is the healer with the best mobility.

Paladin is the tanky healer

Shaman is the best support offensive healer

Priest is the best for healing output

On 22/08/2017 at 7:48 AM, Rafale said:

Yea,hot+Bear form or hot+travel form is OP. Thats the reason of druid supremacy in wsg.

BUT if you get stunned outside of bear form,you will die fast. 

With 8/11/32 spec you will have lot of fun in pvp.

If you want a spec which can also tank dungeon go for 0/30/21

Druid is the healer with the best mobility.

Paladin is the tanky healer

Shaman is the best support offensive healer

Priest is the best for healing output

Ok that's what I needed to know.

Thanks.