Sign in to follow this  
Kazgarul

Is it too late to start?

1 hour ago, gismo said:

Lets put it this way: the biggest fun in vanilla WOW comes from playing on a fresh server right from the beginning, and to be part of the "rush" and the initial "shaping" of a server.

This is completely subjective! Not everyone wants to compete for server firsts because of the time investment that involves. I, myself, am by no means a hardcore player, but I enjoy the leveling experience and the nostalgia, which I'm sure you'll also find to be great on this server, should you decide to start, :)

It depends on what you're after. If you're just after some casual fun to play Vanilla, by all means. I'm having a blast and meeting a lot of great people on both sides (never leveled an Ally to 60 before, should be interesting!).  Started a week ago and the server is FILLED with new players.. there will always be up-and-comers. If you want all sorts of server firsts and for WoW to be your second job, you may be too late. If you want to have fun with less pressure, stick around :) You'll get there,.. everyone does eventually, and seriously, the starting zones are so full that people are being forced to group to finish quests.  

And really, don't rush it. Farming bugs is not as fun as it's cracked up to be when AQ opens up ;)  Just have fun...unless you're a die-hard (which is cool also).. then yes, you may want to wait for another server to start. But for anyone else reading who doesn't feel the need to be top of the pile again, remember to relax.. because once that portal opens... ;) Well, we were all there and knew what happened. 

Depends on play style, basically. :)

Edited by Icecelt

I started Elysium when it first came out, but quit for a few months because the population in leveling areas was INSANE. Much too crowded to get anything done well, camping a single mob spawn hoping to get the tag against 3 other people (And I was a priest T_T), waiting forever in a 5 man for a slow spawning mob/item/npc only to have someone come by and ninja it. Was ridiculous.

I started again about a week ago as an Alliance Druid and I am having a GREAT time. Never had problems finding dungeon groups, quest groups, or even just random interactions with people. Yes there are level 60 horde that gank you occasionally, but there are people of all level ranges around and constantly new end game groups looking for DPS, healers, tanks, etc for raids at a wide variety of times. The server consistently has 6k+ on it. I'd say its just the perfect time to start, at least for me. =)

Edited by Cecile

10 hours ago, Cecile said:

I started Elysium when it first came out, but quit for a few months because the population in leveling areas was INSANE. Much too crowded to get anything done well, camping a single mob spawn hoping to get the tag against 3 other people (And I was a priest T_T), waiting forever in a 5 man for a slow spawning mob/item/npc only to have someone come by and ninja it. Was ridiculous.

I started again about a week ago as an Alliance Druid and I am having a GREAT time. Never had problems finding dungeon groups, quest groups, or even just random interactions with people. Yes there are level 60 horde that gank you occasionally, but there are people of all level ranges around and constantly new end game groups looking for DPS, healers, tanks, etc for raids at a wide variety of times. The server consistently has 6k+ on it. I'd say its just the perfect time to start, at least for me. =)

I did something similar. Played a while, took a break and came back a few weeks ago. I don't regret it one bit. If anything catching up at 60 gets a lot easier once ZG is out.

Edited by Zazabi
a word

No way. I've seen a ton of new blood lately. I'm new myself only been in a couple of weeks. I only learned about it because a big streamer was talking about it. Wish I had heard about it sooner. All the new blood means new people will be needing end game content. Come on in the water is great. 

Elysium is more made for the social experience and not the actual playing. Bgs have half the team afk every game, dungeons have almost every item worth value reserved. premades only take friends or ppl they know. Just play to talk in world and youll be fine

On 10/6/2017 at 9:30 PM, dwarfhunter said:

Elysium is more made for the social experience and not the actual playing. Bgs have half the team afk every game, dungeons have almost every item worth value reserved. premades only take friends or ppl they know. Just play to talk in world and youll be fine

That is what should be encouraged anyways, it is a multiplayer game after all.

It is not late to start, Elysium is still fresh with many players doing all kinds of content at all times. 

From low level isntances to raids.

Not sure about Darrowshire and Anathema.

Regards, 

Turnip.-