Roserain

Guild TwlighT in Anathema got banned by mistake

I am a member of guild TwlighT in Anathema realm. Yesterday, GM Pottu banned guild TwlighT and Covenant in Anathema by mistake. I posted a topic yesterday to explain the situation and ask GM to assist, I got zero reply from GM till now.  https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/55093-guild-twlight-in-anathema-got-banned/

According to GM, we got banned because we "allowing gold selling in guild chat". GM Putto also said "We (GM team) have reached out to these guild masters repeatedly but they have been unwilling to cooperate with us". https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/55066-banning-of-guilds/?tab=comments#comment-441355

The truth is, first of all, no guild member saw any gold selling in guild chat for a very long time, certainly not on yesterday when they suddenly got banned.

Secondly, TwlighT guild master did not receive any inquiry from GM regarding to this gold selling issue. So the claim that our guild master been unwilling to cooperate is not true. In fact, no TwlighT guild master or managers were NOT online yesterday when the incident happened, so how could them be "unwilling to cooperate"?

GM Josipborz post after Pottu to clarify that the ban was a mistake and yet no GM cares to reply on my original post to inform us.

We understand we are all human, no one is perfect and we make mistakes. We as players acknowledge the dedication for the whole Elysium team, because of your hard work we can have this enjoyable vanilla wow community. However we believe we should at least have an apology for that false ban action, and we hope GM team could help us to accelerate the process to lift our ban. Thank you

Edited by Roserain

Then appeal it to GMs, not other players. And personally I never believe in your complete innocence. Same story and same drama every time.

I am not saying each an everyone in the guild is innocent. But GM banned the whole guild is not acceptable. You can see GM Josipborz reply below:

Dear players,

Yesterday, our GM Pottu disappeared. An in-house investigation revealed that the Westfall Murlocs took him hostage and forced him to record the message above. However, a collective effort by the GM and dev teams allowed us to rescue the poor fellow. We're happy to announce that the message above should not be taken seriously. Players may not be held responsible for the actions of their fellow players, so we will not enforce such strict measures.

The players who have been banned may appeal for an unban (we will review every case in detail, the guilty will stay banned as they should be).

Best regards,
Elysium Staff

Yesterday GM banned the whole guild for "allowing gold selling in guild chat". I understand the importance to keep this server clean but I have to say the collateral damage is too much. Lucky GM finally decide that was a mistake and willing to lift ban for the innocent. "Players may not be held responsible for the actions of their fellow players"

In the meanwhile, no GM cares to reply on my original post to let us know and the false ban brought us a lot of troubles. We believe we all make mistake but people should apologize for their mistake at least.

Not sure about what's happening from twilight side, but I do believe there are ppl who are innocent and got unreasonable banned without any convincing evidence.

We are investigating this issue, I ask that you please be patient with us.  I understand this does impact your raiding, and do apologise in advance for this.

Good evening!

Just to make you aware that we have a few members of staff looking into this issue. We understand it is frustrating and will be working on a full investigation which shouldn't take too long. We are looking at Wednesday latest. 

In the meantime, i request that your guild place ban appeals here: 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/forum/351-ban-appeals/

ALL characters who are not involved in such activity WILL be unbanned swiftly.  Those who committed an offence will remain banned.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and make you aware that this is a big priority to sort out. If there is not enough sufficient  evidence obtained by the investigation however, ALL members will be unbanned and what was done, will be un-done. 

Regards,

Ash

Looks like there is some miscommunications between Gm's, some of them are overusing the ban hammer.

You can't ban the whole community/guild just because there is some rotten apples like gold/account chinese seller in their ranks, even if 50% of the server doesn't like chineses, probably for the wrong reasons. Racism is real for some players on this server too.

Atleast, it's encouraging to see that some gm's understood.

You guys turn a complete blind eye to gold sellers in your community. If guilds really did get banned for harboring gold sellers, I'll bet good money that you guys would be stronger against it within your own community to safeguard your chars. Its absolutely rampant and i wish you guys got banned.

Please, lets not make this a discussion over them and us.  I am personally investigating this issue with another fellow GM and we will conclude this by the time given by AshCM.  Thank you!