Sign in to follow this  
Guardian452

Use "Authy" for 2FA on your phone... it backs up to the cloud (for free)

I see a lot of people always talking about how they either broke, lost, or sold their phone and now need to have the 2FA removed from their accounts.

I would suggest folks get "Authy" from their respective app stores. It works exactly the same as any other 2FA app, but with the added bonus of being able to backup your codes to the cloud... for free. (password protected, of course)

Then, when you need to set it up on a new device, you just log into Authy and have it restore your codes.

Boom... no waiting forever for the staff to work through a 2FA removal request. (these guys work hard, lets make their lives a little easier, huh?)

(maybe a mod could sticky this... or have the web gods add something to the control panel page... just a suggestion.)

Edited by Guardian452
Added that the app is free.

Correct... this is NOT a product endorsement... just a suggestion from an end user that has had to re-do 2FA for multiple services in the past.

There are probably other products that backup to the cloud, this is just a personal recommendation for a free tool that has proven to work for me... use whichever 2FA app you are comfortable with.

This is a product endorsement, Authy is the undisputed king of 2FA, it allows you to sync your 2FA by your phone number and allows you to set up a backup password that needs to be entered every time you recover your 2FA keys from a new device.

There is nothing that comes even close to Authy unless you are purchasing a specialized hardware 2FA device like YubiKey.

I'm NOT saying that I prefer Authy over other similar products, what I'm saying is that Authy is OBJECTIVELY BETTER in every regard.

Hi i have problem with 2FA cuz i reset this program in my phone now i need to scan bar cod from elysium site but i cant login on site pls help cant login on my acc they ask for pin but i dont have pin cuz my 2FA broken 

23 hours ago, whosee said:

Hi i have problem with 2FA cuz i reset this program in my phone now i need to scan bar cod from elysium site but i cant login on site pls help cant login on my acc they ask for pin but i dont have pin cuz my 2FA broken 

This isn't the thread to ask for that help... this is only a suggestion to use Authy as your 2FA app. If you had done that, you could have restored your backup from the cloud.

Make a post in the proper forum area.