Sign in to follow this  
Supicha

Thunderfury Blessed Blade of the Windseeker - Warrior or Rogue?

Hi guys, I was wondering about the Thunderfury sword.. is it designed for Tanks/Warriors? or as a DPS / Rogues, Fury Warriors ? According to stats I think it can be used for both, however when it comes to the first drop is it preferably given to a main tank or DPS?

This is best suited for the OT because he has nothing better to do when not being hit.

Not the MT. He should focus on his migration.

1 hour ago, Mactabilis said:

Not really a serious discussion.

Its for tanks, I would go MT prio simply because it generates alot of threat.

Even more reason to give it to the OT. its hard enough as it is to outthreat the MT when needed.

58 minutes ago, Justme said:

Even more reason to give it to the OT. its hard enough as it is to outthreat the MT when needed.

I didn't think about it this way, but make sense.. Thanks :)

1 hour ago, Justme said:

The upsides of having it on the maintank far outweigh the few bosses where thats an issue.

I mean, TF was BiS pretty much untill Black Temple for a prot warr, that kinda says it all.

1 minute ago, Mactabilis said:

The upsides of having it on the maintank far outweigh the few bosses where thats an issue.

I mean, TF was BiS pretty much untill Black Temple for a prot warr, that kinda says it all.

It was only BIS when threat was an issue. It's not even close to BIS when talking about migration. So yes, if you need max tps on a single person then it's BIS. For any other fight it's better on the OT.

4 minutes ago, Justme said:

It was only BIS when threat was an issue. It's not even close to BIS when talking about migration. So yes, if you need max tps on a single person then it's BIS. For any other fight it's better on the OT.

And threat was an issue on most fights in Vanilla, and in TBC.

This was back when keeping threat was actually work, and you had people using "Causes high threat"-abilities to DPS. That is why it was relevant. 

It also stacks a TC effect, making warriors not having to spec into improved TC, that causes points into mitigation.

There's a reason why any sensible top guild in the world would give this to the maintank first, then offtanks. 

24 minutes ago, Mactabilis said:

There's a reason why any sensible top guild in the world would give this to the maintank first, then offtanks. 

Mostly because of attendency and the ruling that tanking items generally go to the MT first.

I'm not denying that its a good weapon on your MT, I'm merely stating that it's even better for the OT.  The TC effect is not even relevant in this discussion because the OT is always the person providing this debuff anyways

I'm sorry but who ever says its made for rogues got no clue how the class works. The damage on thunderfury is shit for a sword/combat specced rogue compared to other raid swords and if you want fast attacking weapons you might aswell go dagger rogue