Sign in to follow this  
swordarchmage

Opinions on official classic quests

Additions of official classic quests  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should blizzard add tbc quests that make sense lore wise into the official re-release of classic

• yes
    • no

So I was thinking, when classic gets re-released, if it would be a good idea for bliz to implement more quests, specifically all the quests they added in bc minus outland blood elf/draenei related stuff 

thoughts?

Absolutely not. Why? It is classic, vanilla game and nothing that was not there back in the day should  be there once they release the game. In my opinion, everything should be 100% like it was in vanilla, after all it is the "classic" game we're talking about. 

You have to understand that it is hard to draw the line if they start implementing things to the classic game that were not there originally. Where would it end? Like, for an instance, updated character models, dungeon/raid finders, mounts at lvl 20, guild bank, reduced respec cost etc., if they change so many things that might not seem like a big deal at first, but we'll end up with a game that is basically a hybrid, looks like vanilla, but doesn't feel like it. Not to mention if they screw things up, there's no going back, they screwed them up forever.

There's so many questions, and no answers atm, starting from the release date to what patch is the game going to start with so on.

One thing is for certain - vanilla fans want vanilla game and nothing else, altering the game in any way and making it less vanilla than it was and more of a Legion like game is going to be a fail. I hope Blizz doesn't mess this up. But then again, they're a huge company with lots of experience and money, they surely know what WoW: Classic means and should mean.

Edited by Kalmar

On 11/25/2017 at 2:45 PM, Kalmar said:

Where would it end?

I respect your opinion, that's why I made a poll and not some rant. But please refrain from logical fallacies i.e slippery slope argument

Bottom line is, if they implement some major changes (like adding quests from post vanilla time etc.) it is not going to be true vanilla and the whole point of WoW: Classic is thrown out of the window. That is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I do, however, understand that some people would like certain changes, but if they want something that was not in vanilla so bad that it will be a deal breaker for them, then vanilla is not for them. Simple as that.

Nope. People wanting classic expect a museum piece of quality for Blizzard's server as a lasting archive of a critical moment in video gaming history. It is my humble opinion (and I know it's one that isn't shared by many) that Blizzard should launch the servers much like this one did - 1.12.1 talents and bug fixes and balancing from all patches that lead up to that point, with instance / world content added according to a progression timeline. Speaking as both a player as well as a programmer, it makes zero(0) sense to launch a game with historic bugs and poor character design simply in the name of historical value. Consider the following --

Druids dropped animal form each time they stopped to skin a beast they killed on launch. Warlocks did not have a form of fear spell to use on launch. Raid targets such as Nefarian could mind control a humanoid Druid player and force them to use their Teleport: Moonglade spell to leave the raid. Things like this in my opinion have no place in a recreation effort. It serves no constructive purpose.

Assuming that Blizzard's Classic is a faithful creation and is successful (I'm absolutely positive it will be), I'm one of those strange players that don't want it to progress to BC and WoTLK. Instead, I'd like to see Blizzard come up with a single expansion that progresses the vanilla content into a finished "What If?" that includes all the original content that was given the axe or left unfinished. Without a level cap increase.

This would mean players would see a level 60 version of Caverns of Time, Karazhan, Hyjal, and never completed instances and raids with entrances found in Azshara (huge doors guarded by burbolgs), Tanaris (Uldum entrance), Winterspring (instance entrance down in demon canyon), original designed Hellfire Peninsula, and original design Northrend. Include with this the never-released Azshara battleground that was thick with quests, much like second-patch Altarac Valley. Instead of reliving the glory of BC, Blizzard could cash in on a completely different route of added content that caters to the "I hated arena, I hated flying mounts" crowd that demanded Vanilla in the first place.

Oddly enough, a Blizz dev mentioned that they were looking into the above idea of added content. I'm not holding my breath though.

Adding new content is not a bad thing. I for one don't want the 1.0 build succubus or reckoning bug.

Paladins could do with more class quests besides their hammer and ressurction (mount was a later patch)

I want a classic experience, but not vanilla.

I think they will have to evolve the game eventually, if they just make vanilla and stay in vanilla forever it will die.

To start, it should be vanilla, but chose a patch where most of the initial bugs were fixed. But its hard, because some of the fixes that were rolled out, also made content easier. I mean, how old is Nighthaven now? - And Rag was just killed by horde yesterday... I wouldnt mind it being a bit harder in Classic.

What i definetly dont want that I've seen suggested in a lot of places, is balancing of specs.

I dont want the game where all the hybrid classes and viable in all specs. I dont get why somehow people feel they should be allowed to play a ret/prot pala, as if its a human right just because the class has a spec for it. Sure, you can play it in PvP, you can farm with it etc. but in vanilla if you wanted to get into a proper guild as a pala, you were holy. Thats what I want again.

Basically, I want a fixed vanilla, not a remade vanilla.