Sign in to follow this  
Aglaria

I was never able to login to the "Restore characters" site.

7 posts in this topic

I used to play in Zeth'Kur, then moved to Elysium, then had to stop playing for a while.

I still tried to restore my characters, but was never able to access that site. "Wrong password or authentication rejected" every single time.

Was anyone able to do this at all? If so, please tell me what to do.

I know the characters are supposedly in "Light's hope" now, but since I was never able to restore in the first place, do I still need to do it in Elysium?

Thank you.

As they mentioned in the Announcements section, Stratholme was taken down. Your characters can not be restored at this time. Why they still have this sub-forum or the character restore tool up is a mystery to me.

Your two current choices:

1.) Play your characters on Light's Hope realms

2.) Roll a new character on the Nighthaven fresh realm (no, your characters won't be transferred to it)

Edited by Maderek

I was able to play my character in Lights Hope but someone mentioned it was worth to still "restore" the characters in case Light Hope died as in to make a "backup" in Elysium. 

1 hour ago, Aglaria said:

I was able to play my character in Lights Hope but someone mentioned it was worth to still "restore" the characters in case Light Hope died as in to make a "backup" in Elysium. 

That is correct. We are safely storing restored characters, on top of that, you will be able to actually use them over here next year (either when we release TBC server or when and if we decide to re-release Stratholme).

@Kalmar thank you so much for answering but PLEASE don't go yet. Like I said I'm still unable to restore my characters. The message "authentication rejected" keeps appearing and I've tried every single thing.

I don't know if it's related to the fact that I had the 2 steps verification previously enabled but I deactivated that already in Light's Hope, and I can't seem to Login to my control panel in the elysium site like I used to, so I can disable it there as well. Please let me know what I can do or if I can open a ticket anywhere. I've been trying forever to restore the characters for the future and it'd mean a lot to finally solve it.

Thanks in advance,

If from some reason our character restoration tool does not seem to work for you, feel free to open a ticket in game and one of our GMs will get to you as soon as possible. Explain them you're having trouble recovering through our web tool, hopefully they'll be able to assist you in some way. The info you should provide is the following: "The account name - the realm of the character - the name of the requester/contact if there are problems - the name of the character to be restored - level, race, class - this last group is not essential. One line for each character. "

Example:

Please restore,

Account XYZ123E   Realm: Elysium  Contact:  Iamasking  Character: Iwasdeleted  Details: 55, Orc, warrior

Account XYZ123E   Realm: Elysium   Contact:  Iamasking   Character Mewasdeleted  Details: 15, Undead, warlock