Sign in to follow this  
linkhearo

Character Restoration?

Hey guys!

I've been doing my research and trying to figure out how to restore my character from Anathema. I'm super confused on the whole situation, and there's just info sort of everywhere and scattered for me. Can anyone please tell me what happened? I tried to restore my character and it says, "Wrong password or Authentication rejected." What do I do, I looked around to try to understand what happened about merging and stuff, but I'm still so confused. Can anyone tell me how to restore and what happened? I went MIA for a bit.

linkhearo

P.S Thanks guys!

The Elysium and Anathema servers were merged to a single realm called Stratholme, which is where your old characters from Anathema are located. The players from Stratholme wanted a fresh server so the team created a brand new realm named Nighthaven. The nighthaven server is a fresh server where everyone rerolled from level 1 and it does not have any transfers or other realms to it.

The popularity of Nighthaven grew quickly and it left Stratholme without any players, something like 300 at peak times online. Because of the low player count the server was taken offline as the playerbase had moved on and re-rolled on Nighthaven.

To play here you will have to create a new account and re-roll on Nighthaven. Nighthaven has been a huge success since it was launched and has well over 4,000 users online at peek times. Please come join us!

Link does make a valid point because I too have always been confused.  The character restore link is extremely confusing and to this day, I'm still confused myself.

I had 2 60s on anathema that back in early December I tried to restore to Stratholme (when the server was still up and running) and I got the exact same message that link described.  I created a post looking for help and eventually just gave up and rerolled on Nighthaven.

At this point, I would love to restore these characters so that way when the TBC realm is released, I can get both of them on that server along with my Nighthaven guy.  That would mean 3 60's that I can easily level to 70.

Zancon is being a bit misleading here. 

You can still play your characters over on Light's Hope, where the servers were copied over after big drama occurred here in mid-October.. Otherwise, you'll want to make a new character on Nighthaven. Right now those are the only two choices.

Thanks guys! I also tried to login, but I keep getting wrong password?? I literally just logged in a few days ago with no problem. Ever since I updated my password the other day, I can't seem to log in anymore. Why is this?!?! I swear, there's always a problem after the other. 

Also, Zancon, I can still play my older characters if I choose the Light's Hope realm?

56 minutes ago, linkhearo said:

Thanks guys! I also tried to login, but I keep getting wrong password?? I literally just logged in a few days ago with no problem. Ever since I updated my password the other day, I can't seem to log in anymore. Why is this?!?! I swear, there's always a problem after the other. 

Also, Zancon, I can still play my older characters if I choose the Light's Hope realm?

Yes, but Light's Hope is not a realm, but another project. Both teams split up after big drama in mid-October, and Light's Hope took the old servers with them, while Elysium chose to create a new fresh realm.

OOOOOOOH! That makes sense! ok, sounds good! but bu any chance do you have any sort of idea why I can't log into Elysium? I just changed my password and I know it's right, but I can't seem to log in. Is this a common issue?

On 1/23/2018 at 5:25 PM, DarknessCalls said:

Zancon is being a bit misleading here. 

You can still play your characters over on Light's Hope, where the servers were copied over after big drama occurred here in mid-October.. Otherwise, you'll want to make a new character on Nighthaven. Right now those are the only two choices.

How do I play on light's hope? When i log in i only see nighthaven and test server (sry for the massive level of noob i must present in this question)

I only get Wrong password or authentication rejected, Ive only ever used 1 username and password on these servers and ive even tryed others just couse but nothing works. can someone shed some light on this issue?

2 minutes ago, Ninjaa said:

How do I play on light's hope? When i log in i only see nighthaven and test server (sry for the massive level of noob i must present in this question)

Light's Hope is a different project and requires you to use a different realmlist.

I will not provide that info here because, as I said, they are now different projects after the split a few months back.  You will want to use your best friend: "Google"

1 hour ago, DarknessCalls said:

Light's Hope is a different project and requires you to use a different realmlist.

I will not provide that info here because, as I said, they are now different projects after the split a few months back.  You will want to use your best friend: "Google"

ah thank you :) looking back at my question, it was indeed a dumb question :P Thank you for the reply tho :)