Sign in to follow this  
Lorodiam

What happened to the "good" community?

I've been playing only for a few hours and have already seen people trying to mob steal, refusing to invite you to groups which aren't even full to get named mobs, ignoring you when you are in trouble/refusing to help out against multiple mobs.... one of these was a lvl43 Paladin in Fargodeep Mine who could clearly see i'd run into too many mobs and instead of helping they just plod on past.

Is it just on this server that the player-base have become complete gits?

I play on this and two other vanilla projects currently, and I really don't notice much difference in terms of etiquette and whatnot. I've met a lot of friendly people on all servers I play, and each has their ups and downs. Maybe you just had a string of bad luck, every server will have their share of assholes. It's also quite possible you are running into a bot.

Sadly, I think the language barrier is one of the bigger issues. On this project, there are a lot of Russians and most don't speak good English. On another certain popular vanilla project (which won't be named) there are a lot of Chinese.

My advice (regardless of where you play) is to find a guild of helpful people with similar goals.

Are you one of those people that keeps inviting people to your group? I am just levelling another and right now questing in elwynn forest and I see none of this going on. I see people running around buffing others and helping them when there is 2 or mobs on them. The only problem I have is these idiots that keep inviting me to their groups without even saying anything to me or being near me.

No i'm not one of those people, I see groups of 2 or 3 in the same zone and ask can I join them and they just ignore me and if I have several mobs on me they let me die then start attacking them.

It kinda tarnishes the experience a bit when the people on your own faction are assholes, we get that enough from the horde players killing npcs.