Sign in to follow this  
jsams22

New to Elysium

For someone who is new to the Elysium Project in general, what is the best course of action for preparing for the TBC server?

I know the server is going to be a progression server and not "FRESHHHH". So for someone who is starting fresh, do you have any recommendations? I assume I should just try to get a level 60 on the Vanilla server and go from there? I assume the server will drop in the next 4 months. Is it even worth trying to raid before TBC or just keep my guy with decent blues and such that will auto get upgraded with the new Expac within the first few quests?

Thanks

Welcome, jsams22  😄

If I were you, I would focus on choose a class for TBC, get it to level 60 and 300 profession skills. Once you're done with that, I'd enjoy vanilla until TBC comes.

Blue/epic gear will be fine to start in Outland, it will make questing easier.

I hope you enjoy Elysium!

Thanks ipwxock,

I have a guy on Northdale that is lvl 30 and trying to decide if I am going to continue with him over there or switch over here and restart. 

Well, my advice is you two should come to Elysium.

In my opinion, people playing on Light's Hope are wasting time. I just don't see the point on playing vanilla over and over, they don't seem to have plans on progressing.

Elysium built a future on TBC which gives us the chance to continue our adventure. WotLK after that would be just awesome too! I don't know if they will do it tho, but TBC will give players almost 2 years of absolute fun.

HUNTER you will be 60 and well prepaired for tbc til it is ready thats is 100% guaranteed it is the reward you get from the tame pet quest an npc that is power leveling you as long as you feed it from time to time 😛

When we drop TBC, which is slated for first quarter of 2019, your characters lvl 58+ will be allowed to be COPIED to the new TBC server. That means they will remain on the Nighthaven server to continue the 'vanilla' experience. Given that there are still several months before TBC goes live I would suggest not even letting that factor in to your decision to make a character or 5 on Nighthaven and experience 'vanilla' to its fullest.

Honestly I'm so excited for this, I never really got to experience all of tbc.  I capped a rogue on another private server 2 years ago and the experience was pretty shit mainly because the server was new, very low pop, wasn't true x1 and then I realised rogues were boring to play in dungeons as combat ;D (amazing what you forget, not all classes had AOE).

lvl 39 and working my way to that glorious 60, hopefully I get there before the tbc realm opens.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, ipwxock said:

Well, my advice is you two should come to Elysium.

In my opinion, people playing on Light's Hope are wasting time. I just don't see the point on playing vanilla over and over, they don't seem to have plans on progressing.

Elysium built a future on TBC which gives us the chance to continue our adventure. WotLK after that would be just awesome too! I don't know if they will do it tho, but TBC will give players almost 2 years of absolute fun.

Read today that lights hope is shutting down when classic wow launches.