Sign in to follow this  
Naraxus

Can't log in - Disconnected from server

I just registered, downloaded and tried to play but cannot log in to the game. It keeps saiing "Connecting" for ~ 5sec before switching to "Disconnected from server". No other notification, nothing else. 

The Login-Data is fine. I can log in to the website with it and a friend of mine can even log in to WoW from his PC.

I downloaded 1.12.1 (5875) (Release Sep 19 2006) from the Elysium-Mirror = the realmlist.wtf already contained the "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org". I also tried to delete the line "set patchlist logon.elysium-project.org" but it didn't fix the problem. 

I restarted my router as well as my PC

I disabled my firewall (Windows 10, no external security software)

I started WoW as admin

I started WoW in XP-compatibility-mode

I checked /WTF/config.wtf and added SET realmName "Elysium" als well  as i tried SET realmName "Nighthaven PVP"

I tried to delete WTF-Folder als well as WDB-Folder

Now, i am out of ideas and things to try....

Would really appreciate any help.

Update: I don't know why but some hours later it worked without any changes from my site. See ya in Azeroth!

You are the first user in history to go through all the troubleshooting tips. So thank you for that.

Only a couple of things I can think of here; one is a corrupted download. Even though you downloaded our client version something somewhere went wrong and a game file is corrupted.

Also you didnt say where you installed the game, it cannot be installed to default location in program files. It works best on your desktop or better yet, a secondary hard drive. 

Also make sure you go through all the steps in our How to Play/Beginners guide slowly - link in my signature below.

Just for info, I had the same issue being disconnected whenever I tried to login
What I did wrong was that I had edited the realmlist to "logon.elysium-project.org" and not "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org".
Changed the .WTF file correctly, and was able to login, no problem.