Sign in to follow this  
arghimapirate

Unable to launch game - Error 132

I can't get WoW 1.12 to launch. I always get the same error (ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception) found in this pastebin: https://pastebin.com/jGPcTYFQ

MY SYSTEM:
ASUS M5A99X EVO Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor 3.3GHz Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B RAM
ASUS Dual series of GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics
Windows 10 Home 64bit Build 17134
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0705, 8/23/2011

STEPS ALREADY TAKEN:
I've downloaded the game from 3 different sources. All contain the same files, and all error out the exact same way. I don't believe corrupted files is the reason for error.

I've downloaded the game to different hard disks. I don't believe the error is associated with any hard disk errors.

I've tried many different combinations of applicable Compatibility Settings. Launching as Admin and in Compatibility Mode for Win XP, 7, and 8 does not help.

I've rebooted my machine with only 1 stick of RAM, and then tried with the other stick. RAM does not appear to be the issue.

I've tried launching the game with a lower graphics resolution. Same error.

I've tried changing my drivers. I've downloaded and installed graphics drivers from ASUS and from NVIDIA which span from 376.19 - 417.71. None of the drivers solved my issue.

WHAT WORKED:
While trying to troubleshoot the drivers, I launched the game after DISABLING my graphics driver. While no graphics driver was enabled, the game opened up fine, and I was able to log in to Elysium. However, the experience is less than ideal with no graphics driver loaded. Lots of lag, low FPS, etc.

Every time I load the game with my graphics driver enabled, it crashes before the game launches. Every time I load the game with my graphics driver disabled, I am able to log in.

Any advice for getting this game to launch with my 1060 card? Thanks.

There seems to be a more widespread issue with logging in right now. Several users have reported the same thing. We are working with our development team to investigate and correct. 

Thanks Zancon. I've seen in a couple posts that the issue with logging in has been fixed. It did not fix my issue, however. I believe my issue is an incompatibility between my graphics driver and the wow 1.12 client itself. The game crashes with error 132 on LAUNCH, before I am ever presented with a login screen. Anyone also have this issue / know how to fix?

8 hours ago, arghimapirate said:

Thanks Zancon. I've seen in a couple posts that the issue with logging in has been fixed. It did not fix my issue, however. I believe my issue is an incompatibility between my graphics driver and the wow 1.12 client itself. The game crashes with error 132 on LAUNCH, before I am ever presented with a login screen. Anyone also have this issue / know how to fix?

Are you able to try different versions of your graphics driver?

I've tried changing my drivers. I've downloaded and installed graphics drivers from ASUS and from NVIDIA which span from 376.19 - 417.71. None of the drivers solved my issue.

Basically tried drivers from the very first drivers available, up to the most recent. probably tried 5-6 different drivers.

Error 132 is one of the hardest to diagnose and fix. The reason is it's an error when they don't really know the reason for the error. Normally it means that the game can't write to a file, but it can literally mean anything at all that's "undefined".

Since you have gone through the hardware pretty well and most of the game settings for software - I will add the only things I can think of;

-In googling up your graphics card it appears the drivers from ASUS have all sorts of overclocking/auto tune etc. type software. If this is installed try removing it/disabling it completely. I am listing this first because this WoW game client is as close to a relic of software as gaming gets at this point. I can't imagine it likes or can support any of these new graphics card modifications. This includes but may not be limited to; Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power I, GPU Tweak II with Xsplit Gamecaster, NVIDIA ANSEL, NVIDIA GameWorks.

-Making sure you don't have anything else that may interfere with the game such as malware/virus/adware protection software. If you have this either whitelist the game or remove the software.

-Make sure the rest of your device drivers are as up to date as you can find.

-I am going to assume that with the fresh client installs that you have no addons installed. But in case you do, please try to remove them and delete your WDB/WTF folders.