Sign in to follow this  
coreycanavan

Should I start a new character on Nethergarde?

Hey Guys,

New guy here. I quit playing World Of Warcraft when Wrath of the Lich King came out and have always dreamed of playing Classic WoW again, but never thought it was a feasible possibility. Then a friend told me about the announcement of WoW classic and I immediately jumped on the hype train (choo choo)! I did some digging and wanted to prepare for the launch of classic. That led me to discovering Elysium a little less than 2 weeks ago (wish I discovered it sooner). I started a character on Nighthaven because I was impatient and didn't want to wait the 4 or 5 days for the FRESH Nethergarde server to launch (in hindsight I should have waited). Now that it's launched I've noticed it's much harder to find groups for everything on Nighthaven 😞 The server feels semi dead now.

I'm considering just rerolling on Nethergarde since I'm only at level 36. I anticipate delays in Blizz's "summer 2019" launch of retail classic. I imagine I could get to 60 on Nethergarde and actually get some good raid practice in before retail classic actually gets released, but most importantly, I just want to play on a server that doesn't feel dead and make new friends to play with.

Is there a way for me to view the server population on each realm in real time (like how it's listed on the home page of the elysium site, but separated by realm)?

How are you guys liking Nethergarde compared to Nighthaven? Do I only feel like Nighthaven is dead because I live in California and most of Elysium's population seems to be from the EU? Most of the time when I get home and get on after work, I see people complaining about the deadness in world chat, but some people defend it by saying it's the early morning in Europe and no one is awake yet.

Any feedback you guys have is greatly appreciated!

Edited by coreycanavan

Nethergarde has been pretty good so far. Average pop has been 1500 and everything is blizzlike so if you want some nostalgia, go ahead and create a characters. I saw some guy roleplaying the other night lol.

Both servers are great with a lot of active and friendly players, Nighthaven is fresh and Nethergade fully matured. Fresh server means more World-PvP, experience content before the release of BWL/ZG/big raids, etc. Old server has inflated market (which means you will have trouble buying things from AH while leveling, but you can sell your crafting materials and twink items for a lot) and you can join a raiding guild in order to acquire epic gear super fast.

Wish you good luck and have have lot's of fun! A lot of us are excited for classic release, hopefully Blizzard i going to screw it! 

Edited by Chedruid

3 hours ago, Chedruid said:

Both servers are great with a lot of active and friendly players, Nighthaven is fresh and Nethergade fully matured. Fresh server means more World-PvP, experience content before the release of BWL/ZG/big raids, etc. Old server has inflated market (which means you will have trouble buying things from AH while leveling, but you can sell your crafting materials and twink items for a lot) and you can join a raiding guild in order to acquire epic gear super fast.

Wish you good luck and have have lot's of fun! A lot of us are excited for classic release, hopefully Blizzard i going to screw it! 

This is wrong, Nethergarde is fresh and Nighthaven is fully matured.

I'd say Nethergarde due to being fresh. 

AH is cheap.

Leveling partners everywhere.

Low level battlegrounds have fairly low queue times. I leveled to 60 on Nighthaven so I could master my technique for Classic. So on this fresh server I decided to go a different route in the way of low level battlegrounds. 

19 Twink gear is fairly cheap. So are mats for potions/enchants/engineering.

Start the gearing process early that way when folks start experimenting in that bracket you are prepared.