Sign in to follow this  
Hayawani

Everything I had in mailbox are bugged and gone!?

Since the merge everything I had in the mailbox are gone. There is just a mail but nothing In it. Is this intended or a bug?

Cuz I'v lost so plenty of mats I intended to use for getin my  JC and LW maxed hit 70 so we are talkin lots of mats that I'v lost cuz I had no clue this could happen.

Best Regard Hayawani 

Were looking into mail issues. Some on discord are now reporting that clearing their WDB folder and resetting all their addons by clearing their WTF folder seems to be helping them retrieve mail.

As a general rule, you should not use the mail system as additional bag space.

3 hours ago, Zancon said:

Were looking into mail issues. Some on discord are now reporting that clearing their WDB folder and resetting all their addons by clearing their WTF folder seems to be helping them retrieve mail.

As a general rule. Before you execute a migration script, run it in a QA environment first then regression test it. Also QA needs a well thought out regression test plan before you do anything. All these problems you are having now could have been easily avoided.

And to your point of clearing WDB and WTF folders. Those do not store your attachments, they are stored in the backend. Most likely the migration script had truncated the mail attachments table, since I imagine its pretty large. You guys will need to do a join on the old table and the new one since people are already adding/deleting mails as we speak.

I can appreciate the corporation / enterprise style approach in your message. The difference is this project costs us money, we are all volunteers, the team is very small in time zones all over the world, no set schedule doing this in what little spare time we have and several don't speak the same language(s).

We make mistakes, I get it, we are working on it as best we can, as quickly as we can.

I am not taking aim at any volunteers, I appreciate any time and effort someone donates to this project. I was taking aim at people who are paid to do a job. I assume the core team of engineers and project leaders are paid, I saw your ad looking for a paid c++ developer, and they fact you have a revenue stream that when doing the math should more than support the maintenance costs.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, Zancon said:

I didn't use my mail as bag, I lost all the return mail from the auction house. 

Please let me know the resolution of it. 

And heard you  are looking for C++ developer, I am newbee but I want to help for free.....

4 hours ago, semiartist said:

And heard you  are looking for C++ developer, I am newbee but I want to help for free.....

I already applied for this, seem they aren't looking anymore... 😕

20 hours ago, Alizia said:

I already applied for this, seem they aren't looking anymore... 😕

Ok, if that's the case, how do you grind your programming skill now?

Hey all, I just wanted to say it's not completely gone!  If you wait the 30 days (or however long you had left) it will send the mail back to the sender and that mail will have the item.