Prosetos

Is vanilla supported?

I play on the vanilla server and I have an outstanding ticket for the past 4 or 5 days that has never been answered.

The big issue I'm having and a lot of others I know are having is the missing attachments in the mails. I play on serval characters and they are always sending stuff to each other, and I have a lot of auctions going on all the time and many things get expired. So I always have a lot of ongoing mail traffic and I don't use the mail as a bank, I just have a lot of stuff moving around. So when the migration hit (which I was not aware of) all attachments disappeared but the mail is still showing. If I showed you the stacks and stacks of stuff in the pages of mails that are missing you would probably feel sick to your stomach.

I was planning of going to TBC server but I'm having second thoughts. You what they say.. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

We have identified the mail issues - it's mostly caused by Nethergarde characters having the same name as Nighthaven characters. When the servers were merged, those names that already existed on Nighthaven were flagged for a name change. You must log through all of your characters and make sure they are renamed if flagged. For some users renaming all characters, exiting the game, clearing your WDB folder and also resetting all addons by clearing your WTF folder helps to restore mail accessibility.

This caused all sorts of side effects with mail like the issue you describe here. We have crafted a fix and will be pushing it live in the next day or so.

With all of this and your TBC comment - TBC database is already in place and Stormrage (TBC) and Nighthaven (Vanilla) are fully separated now, forever. One server doesn't effect the other and you cannot send or otherwise transfer characters, trade goods, gold etc. between the two. So if you are expecting any progress made on the Vanilla realm to transfer to TBC that isn't possible.

Also that saying is fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I can't be fooled again. 🤣

Thank you for the quick response.

I have done all you said plus more. I don't use plugins, and Ive deleted the WDB and WTF folders a bunch of times. All that just mess up my preferences. I still have no attachments. Also this issue happened to all my characters, even the ones that didn't require a name change.

I know there are other mail issues however some might be unrelated. I also had the issue where the characters would get an error while trying to type name. Like you said above the same name characters when migrated caused that issue. I deleted all the bugged names in my friends list, that cleared up that issue perfectly. But this mail missing attachments is very different. All characters and all mail sent before the migration were affected. Maybe the fix you mentioned will fix this specific issue?

Edited by Prosetos

Hey King

Please take a look at my Issue, related to this: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/75016-vanilla-nighthaven-mail-not-getting-through/ 

As suspected there is multiple characters. In this case there is a low level character named "Aggron". I'm sure he is flagged for name change, but if the user never logs in, then the same will never be changed.

Can you guys change his name to something temporarily untill he logs in and changes it himself? Also what will happen with all the items sent to him?

On Friday evening we changed everyone's name thay needs to rename to "#Rename". We returned everything we could to the original sending account as best we could. But if mail has been sent to a real character it's much more problematic.  Those mails could be gone, or if that character doesnt log in for 30 days and take the mail will be returned to you at that time.

Hello, Zancon.

I have the same issue like Black_bull, with my Druid 54 lvl "Pivowar" at Nighthaven realm, there is hunter lvl 2 appeared with the same name and i can't receive any emails, which is sad.. Could you please explain how will you make a decision which character must change its name? Because i have "time in game" more than 10 days and it would be quite hurtful  if  15 min in game time player will get my name.. 

Thank you and excuse me for writing to this topic instead creating new one.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, Zancon said:

On Friday evening we changed everyone's name thay needs to rename to "#Rename". We returned everything we could to the original sending account as best we could. But if mail has been sent to a real character it's much more problematic.  Those mails could be gone, or if that character doesnt log in for 30 days and take the mail will be returned to you at that time.

I have the same issue with emails on Nighthaven not having attachments. My chars were originally on Nethergarde. 

On TBC, many of my characters got the #Rename tag and mail is now working fine. But not on Vanilla though! Help!

Edited by Malakoff79