haxo

TBC - BM Hunter pet question

Hello, I currently have the The Rake from Mulgore, but he no longer has 1.20 attack speed, it's 2.0 in TBC apparently (idk if that goes for all pets now in TBC?). So I've been doing research through old reddit posts from TBC and I can't really get a straight answer in terms of what pet to get. I had the following questions:

1. Do all pets have 2.0 attack speed now?
2. I read that Wind Serpents have the best DPS because of their lightning breath ranged attack that ignores armor, is this true?
3. I also read that Ravager is the preferred end-game pet

Any input would be much appreciated.

Don't know about other specs, but BM Hunter should get a Ravager with bite, gore, dash, and growl. Gore has 50% chance to do dub damage and is an energy dump ability. so with a steady shot macro with kill command in it, and all the nice energy regen talents, your ravager does really good damage.

The highest ranks of Bite & Gore (rank 9) are learnable from the spiders in bone wastes & one of the ravagers in blades edge. If you're a lvling hunter there are lvl 62-63 ravagers just outside of Falcon Watch (the green ones) that have Bite & Gore rank 8 already trained.

I think the serpents are more a situational pet for when you need ranged damage?

9 hours ago, Totokadoba said:

Don't know about other specs, but BM Hunter should get a Ravager with bite, gore, dash, and growl. Gore has 50% chance to do dub damage and is an energy dump ability. so with a steady shot macro with kill command in it, and all the nice energy regen talents, your ravager does really good damage.

The highest ranks of Bite & Gore (rank 9) are learnable from the spiders in bone wastes & one of the ravagers in blades edge. If you're a lvling hunter there are lvl 62-63 ravagers just outside of Falcon Watch (the green ones) that have Bite & Gore rank 8 already trained.

I think the serpents are more a situational pet for when you need ranged damage?

Oh I see, ok great, thank you for that info!

Train cobra reflexes too, helps your pet hold agro when soloing and I think will lower it's attack speed to something closer to what you're use to having. Also, cats are still a really good dps pet with bite and claw as a BM hunter. Claw does slightly higher damage than gore but doesn't have the double damage chance that gore has. So if you're attached to your cat pet, you can absolutely keep him without nerfing yourself.

10 hours ago, Totokadoba said:

Train cobra reflexes too, helps your pet hold agro when soloing and I think will lower it's attack speed to something closer to what you're use to having. Also, cats are still a really good dps pet with bite and claw as a BM hunter. Claw does slightly higher damage than gore but doesn't have the double damage chance that gore has. So if you're attached to your cat pet, you can absolutely keep him without nerfing yourself.

Also great info to know, thank you! I know that pets get talent points of their own (which have a limit/you can't learn everything), do you know if there's a default point selection for BM hunters? Or will it depend from pet to pet?