Sign in to follow this  
Shino

Introducing Legacy Logs - A "world-of-logs-like" evaluation site

Legacy Logs

A "world of logs"-like evaluation site and Armory

What is Legacy Logs?

Legacy Logs is an advanced combat evaluation site developed by Shino (Geigerkind) and inspired by Kronos-Logs, Realmplayers, Worldoflogs and Warcraftlogs. In an effort to provide you with the tools to peruse and disect the information accrued by my latest AddOn, DPSMate, I am releasing Legacy Logs, its web-based companion. While still a work-in-progress, the site should finally grant us the ability to find definitive answers to some of Vanilla’s most hard to pin down dillemas concerning Class, Gear and Encounter mechanics.
It is supporting multiple realms and hopefully multiple expansions soon as well, which allows server cross comparison.

Most recently it provides an advanced Armory page as well.

How does it look like?

Well first of all I recommend that you check it out yourself and browse a bit through it. Here is the link.

However if you don't want to leave this site now, here are a few pictures:

b52ba9e15d6aaed1b061f052d9a4e3a8.png

31527f36b405dcd131ff495a4f96201b.png

Okay, how does it work?:
Legacy Logs uses DPSMate as an collection addon. It is not compatible with SW_Stats. In order to upload data, you need to use the Legacy-Log-Client and launch wow with it. Once you close your client again, your data will be uploaded and processed automatically. Please be aware that the processing can take up to 15 minutes depending on the size of the logs. When you upload something you can check the current position of your file in the processing queue.
Once it is uploaded it will be listed in the raid tab where you can browse your raid and others as well.

You can read more about it here.

I already took the liberty to add Elysium to the Launcher and Server list on the website.

Ending Words:

This project is in development since 11 Months now. A lot of work has gone into it, so please give it a try. I would love to see some logs of Elysium.

Thank you for reading this.

Shino

Edited by Shino

Hey.

Actually there are a few reasons. A few I can tell you:

1. It provides more information and often times more accurate ones. You just get a lot more than just summary graphes for each attempt. It would take me hours to list those feature individually here. Just take a look yourself.

2. You can use DPSMate instead of SW_Stats enabling you to benefit from its features as well.

3. It is activly developed. Despite realmplayers, Legacy Logs is being worked on every day, so it won't stop at a certain point of development and not use its potential. You can find a changelog here.

So despite the huge playerbase that realmplayers provides, Legacy Logs provides a lot more features to evaluate a raid and individual players and guilds propperly.

cheers!

(..)processing can take up to 15 minutes depending on the size of the logs(..)

I have to correct that, that is still from the very beginning of legacy logs. The processing time is down to 2minutes at max now.

BTW: where is the edit button?

Edit: How come I can just edit, just submitted posts ?

Edited by Shino

I am aware of the duration and raid time issue. I am currently trying to figure out the issue.

What is the timezone of this server?

cheers!