a mod for the default ui, adding some quality of life improvements & visual twists with a focus on clean design & the preservation of Blizzard's original interface form.

latest versions is always available here: https://github.com/obble/modui
note that your downloaded directories will need '-master' removed from the directory name to function.

type '/modui' for a variety of options, or click the 'M' button located on the mainbar (replacing the keyring, which has been moved into the bag frame). All elements can be toggled on or off, and any that have been disabled will not load on login to keep things light.

[idle]
Yyis1x.png

[party]
D0FwYi.png

[raid]
h3QxIg.png

Full Feature List, FAQ & Guide Forthcoming...

I like this UI. Great job!

A few suggestions from me:

1. Change player cast bar like a enemy cast bar.
  2. Change the height of the health and resource bars (player, target, party).

I use simple addon modui_ified for this.

Works too, however looking at memory usage and features I would use UnitFramesImproved_Vanilla :)

modui_ified runs blizzard unitframes code first then rewrites it's code afterwards every frame which isn't that efficient performance wise.

Now, you wouldn't possibly see any difference, yet all small boosts to performance is welcome imo. 

Not sure what you meant by simple addon, UnitFramesImproved_Vanilla is just as simple with defualt settings, it just adds features like ClassPortraits if activated.

I like this UI. Great job!

A few suggestions from me:

1. Change player cast bar like a enemy cast bar.
  2. Change the height of the health and resource bars (player, target, party).

hey, thanks.

1. I've been working on an option to do this as you would in live, choosing the option from a dropdown on the playerframe that styles the player castbar in that way and binds it to the playerframe. ill let you know when its set up.

2. if you mean having bigger style health bars etc, see the posts below yours.

I like this addon very much! 

I've been working on a backport of UnitFramesImproved lately and since I like to use your addon too I made the two compatible with a slash command.

/ufi modui

If anyone is interested, go check it out: https://github.com/Ko0z/UnitFramesImproved_Vanilla

2Ag7W2v.png

this is really cool and saves me a job B-) i'll include a link to it in the OP once post-editing is enabled on this forum.

I use simple addon modui_ified for this.

also cool, nice discovering the wider support for the ui over time through plug-ins and elements.

Hey Modernist, good to see you here!

I want to change the player and target name so they are displayed the same way the party names are displayed.

Above unitframe and outlined, optionally classcoloured (optionally just to see if it looks good or not)

been looking at: https://github.com/obble/modui/blob/master/unitframe/unit.lua to no avail ... do i need to look elsewhere for it?

ps: love the smaller nameplates, a simple but sublime way to make things smoother :)

kr

Hey Modernist, good to see you here!

I want to change the player and target name so they are displayed the same way the party names are displayed.

Above unitframe and outlined, optionally classcoloured (optionally just to see if it looks good or not)

been looking at: https://github.com/obble/modui/blob/master/unitframe/unit.lua to no avail ... do i need to look elsewhere for it?

ps: love the smaller nameplates, a simple but sublime way to make things smoother :)

kr

hey, you'd probably need to create custom textures for this, changing the texture of PlayerFrameTexture and TargetFrameTexture.

this is really cool and saves me a job B-) i'll include a link to it in the OP once post-editing is enabled on this forum.

lol nice, I added automatic detection and compatibility if both UFI and modUI is activated simultaneously, also fixed colors to match the default modUI statusbar colors. Cheers!

Mod, getting a error frame in chat, for what I believe is a pet health bar.

http://imgur.com/a/g9O08

Any thoughts?

Also, any way to maybe implement a search field for your bags?

sorry for the late reply. looks like a print return from debugging my code, i'll see if i left something in ~ could easily also be another addon though since it looks like you're using one of the unitframe mods for bigger bars.

Hi, how can i change the tooltip's position when hovering mouse over a player or NPC ?

It's in the bottomright corner but i have put the minimap there :(

Thanks and sorry for my english

Awesome mod! But for me, inconvenient location 2 right action bars. Is it possible to make the standart location action bar? 

Sorry for bad english.

I keep getting this error:

Error: Interface\AddOns\modui\options\options_colour.lua:140: attempt to index global `MODUI_COLOUR_FOR_UI' (a nil value)

I have mod ui installed, every time I try to select UIO Colour in the options I get this error. Any fix? 

Awesome mod! But for me, inconvenient location 2 right action bars. Is it possible to make the standart location action bar?

Sorry for bad english.

an option for changing this can be found in the UI menu, look for the M next to your bag icons or type /modui

I keep getting this error:

Error: Interface\AddOns\modui\options\options_colour.lua:140: attempt to index global `MODUI_COLOUR_FOR_UI' (a nil value)

I have mod ui installed, every time I try to select UIO Colour in the options I get this error. Any fix?

do you have the latest version? I'll look into this today

Hi, how can i change the tooltip's position when hovering mouse over a player or NPC ?

It's in the bottomright corner but i have put the minimap there :(

Thanks and sorry for my english

an option for moving the tooltip to a custom position is coming soon

Will you be so kind, make the adaptation to the russian version of the client. The mod works fine, but does not display enemy cast, I believe this is happening, from the fact that not translate spells the name under the russian version.

localisation work is underway but needs volunteers to translate the large lists of text or names. Still looking for Russian, German and French translation assistance!

localisation work is underway but needs volunteers to translate the large lists of text or names. Still looking for Russian, German and French translation assistance!

I'm not very good in modding, but if you need to translate only text, I can do it, for the russian version, no problem.

Edited by FunMC

I've checked and I may have missed it, but is the any way to disable the custom floating combat text?

vAWdhqa.jpg?1 

It shows damage done and damage taken, I prefer blizzards damage text. Thanks in advance, this UI is amazing btw, pretty much everything I need. :)