shirsig

[AddOn] aux and more

WARNING: The use of aux' auto buy feature is at this time forbidden on elysium servers and can lead to sanctions!

As this is likely gonna be the new de facto Vanilla forum I'm making a thread for all my addOns here. If you have any comments/suggestions/bug reports for any of them and don't want to use github directly this will be the place for that.

Detailed descriptions with images are on github.

Your addons don't have a description in the addOn list in the login screen of WOW. It will be neat if you add a description there. In any case, very good list of useful addons.

The addon aurae give me errors. It lists the following errors:

Error: Usage: <unnamed>:SetAlpha(alpha 0 to 1)

File: Interface\addOns\aurae\aurae.lua

Line: 856

Count: 1

Error: attempt to index local 'bar' (a nil value)

File: Interface\addOns\aurae\aurae.lua

Line: 770

Count: Infinite

Edited by Conan

Which one are you talking about btw? There were like 4 or 5 different ones. I once tried to make a look based on the blizzard ah for a quite recent version but it didnt turn out well. The problem is, it's not really clear how to translate many of the TSM inspired UI features into a blizzard look.

Edit oops, wrong thread. (Well, not that wrong so ill just link here)

Edited by shirsig

Thanks, now aurae works without problems! Are you going to add a GUI to some of your addons in the future?

Edited by Conan

You mean for configuration? Most of them don't have many/any options and I generally don't like options. For aux/aurae/cooldowns I've been thinking about it. Not sure how I'll do it yet but probably will make something nicer than slash commands at some point.

I use aux since Elysium started and is much better than auctioneer, and now I guess I will be using aurae and cooldowns from now on; but adding a GUI with options will be great and much better.

Hello,
I installed NPCscan

but when I type /npcscan the list does not show.

If I try to add a name of normal mob or player with /npcscan name it works 

Do I have to enable something on my chat?

and also Do i Have to add the rares by name 1 by 1 or there's already a default database included in the addons?

Thanks

Edited by Frostadamus

It seems the npcscan addon is not for rares; is for tracking ANY npc, but you have to know the name and when you get close to the NPC, the addon will pop up an alert. It will be great if someone makes an addon that tracks rares mobs but, to my knowledge, there is no such addon for vanilla at the moment.

Actually I think someone did, maybe it's in the kronos forums. Anyway I don't think there's much of a point because most rares are useless in vanilla, so the alerts would just be annoying. In fact, if you're not a hunter I can't think of any useful rare besides nazjak and npcscan is mostly meant for camping something specific (nazjak, hunter pet or even just a named questmob).

Hello. I like Aurae addon but You can do-canceling diminishing returns and other, to display only stuns? I need this addon instead Stunwatch. And still a good idea to make changes not only the scale but also the length of the bars. Thank you.

Hello. I like Aurae addon but You can do-canceling diminishing returns and other, to display only stuns? I need this addon instead Stunwatch. And still a good idea to make changes not only the scale but also the length of the bars. Thank you.

The newest version tracks only your own spells even in PvP.

Edited by shirsig

I got a small issue with WIM Continued is that it doesn't save font size nor window opacity. 

Will look at it when I have time. Do you know if the old WIM has the same issue?

you can make look as at dotimer?

FC1X0t0.jpg

Not likely, sorry.

Also, there have been a lot of changes to aurae as I have found that using it for both target and cross-target tracking just leads to too many bars on the screen. I have now removed most effects where there is no particular reason to track them on units which aren't targeted (i.e., most non-ccs).

For timers on the target I would suggest using renew's debufftimers: https://forum.elysium-project.org/index.php?showtopic=25081

oops i mean "aux-addon", sorry. Same with all github zip downloads, you need to always remove the branch suffix (e.g., "-master").

Edited by shirsig

Sorry, not really motivated to do more on WIM than bugfixes. And I use pfUI now which already has an custom WIM style.

Can i get a link to the newest version of aux addon but with the classic ah look and not this ugly TSM look which i really cannot stand? Hoping to get a link to an older version of aux for blizzard ah look :)