Athena

RealmStats.net -- Census Plus based 'replica' of WarcraftRealms

Link: http://www.RealmStats.net/ Temporarily backup: click

I've spent the past 2 days creating the base for a replica (click here for a WebArchive of the original) for the WarcraftRealms project that uses Census Plus to gather character information (ran by users) who could then upload their stats on a website to have a central location for managing and distributing the results.

This project can still be considered "beta" phase and is very much still 'work in progress' on the server side. One of the next steps that I'm going to be working on is to add a "search" functionality to go back in time. With enough people contributing it should in fact be possible to have a decent overview of people their leveling times, guild history and general population analysis over a longer period of time as enough data is coming in. The server already tracks this data, but I haven't had time to work on actually outputting that data in an useful way. 

Since the servers aren't live yet, I've been using Kronos (1 and 2) as a temporarily test environment. The results from running Census Plus and uploading the data on these 2 servers (note: past ~ 36 hours at the time of writing) can be seen here:

It would be nice to have a decent bunch of contributors active throughout the next few weeks to gain some truly useful stastical date resulting from the Nostalrius relaunch. Contributing doesn't take a lot of effort as you can actually configure Census Plus to schedule automatic snapshots. Uploading the statistics is as simple as logging out, closing the client or running a /console reloadui to force Census Plus to store the snapshot on the filesystem and then you can upload said snapshot on the website.

While the system is making frequent backups there is still the risk of douchebags ruining the stats by uploading corrupt/invalid data, so all the signups go through a manual approval process (which will be done by me). If you want to help out, just leave me a message with the username that you registered on and I'll get the rest taken care of.

Edited by Athena

This is awesome. It will be nice to use this for the PvE realm. I hope the population there is large and healthy.

Edited by Cipherr

Very good work! Only thing I'll add is a percentage on the class numbers, it's shows Ex: 600 druids, 782 palladins. Instead of 8%, 9%...

I dont know if it's intended but would be great to have the percentage aswell  :surprize:

Great job!

Another feature or diagram request here, that i think might be usefull.

Can you add simple "pre-level 60" and "level 60" comparision, because all that population distributed among levels 1-59 doesn't visually compare with number of level 60.

In my opinion it will help to clearly show and provide answer to the debates of the percentage of players leveling and who already reached 60, i.e. if the realm is old or new.

Like the faction balance pie or (but instead of Horde vs Alliance 1-59 vs 60)?

Edited by Athena

Like the faction balance pie or (but instead of Horde vs Alliance 1-59 vs 60)?

As i commented above, imo there is no need for new chart, if you can add % value on level distribution mouseover.

Or you can do another chart with "pre-60" and "60" bars or pies or w/e, for horde and alliance.

Very good work! Only thing I'll add is a percentage on the class numbers, it's shows Ex: 600 druids, 782 palladins. Instead of 8%, 9%...

I dont know if it's intended but would be great to have the percentage aswell   :surprize:

Great job!

Another feature or diagram request here, that i think might be usefull.

Can you add simple "pre-level 60" and "level 60" comparision, because all that population distributed among levels 1-59 doesn't visually compare with number of level 60.

In my opinion it will help to clearly show and provide answer to the debates of the percentage of players leveling and who already reached 60, i.e. if the realm is old or new.

Both should be fixed now (press Ctrl + F5 to make sure your browser doesn't cache the old stylesheet). 

Edited by Athena

If you need help from an EU horde player on the PvE realm let me know!

Just register and I'll activate you.

Edited by Athena

This is awesome! Registered as well as pwnerer. I used this on the Original Nost as well, but the information was not always accurate since it would only show activity when I was on and scanning. 

This is awesome! Registered as well as pwnerer. I used this on the Original Nost as well, but the information was not always accurate since it would only show activity when I was on and scanning. 

Should be active, cheers! :)

Yeah, sure Yes, please for both of you!

Just registered and waiting for the activation ;)

Lets get the hype into the statistics later on today!

Alright, you should be able to login now. Read the homepage for instructions as for how to setup the addon so you don't have to spend a lot of time yourselves. The 'contributor' area will show you how to upload data.

Registered last night to contribute...unable to login as yet. I will be playing on Nost PvE on launch with multiple toons. :) WOOOOOO Nost!

Edited by teebob21

You can't login yet? Did you verify your email address? And the login name is the username that you picked (which in this case seems to match your forum one), but to make it easier it should from now on be possible to login with your email as well.

Edited by Athena

Uploaded first batch, going to keep it up and searching for new chars all week long. When do you think we get to see our first census stats from your website?