Daxiongmao87

I Made a Website for Hunter Pets You Might Find Useful

Hey everyone! I made a website for vanilla wow pet taming.  Its a recreation of my older website that contains a comprehensive list of all tamable beasts in vanilla wow, their stats, abilities, appearance, rarity, etc. It's complete to the best of my knowledge, but if there are any inconsistencies or errors you can let me know here or on the website.  I tried my best to make it mobile friendly as well.  

http://companioncodex.com/

I plan on improving the website by completing the spells list, adding individual pages for each beast with a map of their known locations, etc.  For now though, I Hope it helps you guys out!

Edited by Daxiongmao87

Very nice job! Been looking for a Petopia type of deal for vanilla, awesome!

On the pet skills you should put a link on the abilities that lead to db.vanillagaming.org for the spell description OR just put a brief description next to the spells in brackets(though I'd assume that's a lot more work than e.g. ctrl+F 'Screech' -> Replace All with http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=24582).

Also a suggestion: In the Bestiary, give each family it's own table instead of having them all in one table and have links at the top that jump to the title of each table. e.g. I want to find wolves, just have to click the link at the top to get to wolves instead of scrolling all the way down! =D

I appreciate it very much! There are a few things I'm planning to add that may address your suggestions, but also may take up your advice:

- Individual pages for each beast which will have map location info and commenting

- Finish the spell book with individual pages for each spell with commenting

- Replace the skin images to better, higher resolution ones

- Possibly add filter buttons for quick filtering (or some other means besides manually typing)

SORRY!

If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: [email protected]

It is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.

There has been a server misconfiguration

The site may have moved to a different server.

That is some usefull hunter information on your website

Yes I'm sorry! I'm switching to a .com, I thought the transition would be seamless. I'm at work right now but will fx it when I get home (I'll be home in 6-7 hours)

Sorry guys!!!

Update: The issue has been fixed.  If it still does not work for you, you must clear your browser cache.  The new URL is http://www.companioncodex.com, however, .tk will work but will redirect you to the .com equivalent.  Sorry for this! 

I've recently updated the bestiary with better images for the skins.  Clicking (or tapping) on a beast's skin will give you a larger preview.  Hope you enjoy.  More updates to come (spell book is currently being worked)

I really like this, good work! One thing I would recommend would be the option to sort the pets by Attack Speed or Region or Family, etc. So I could easily find the pets with very fast attack speed, or sort by region to see what pets are available where I'm at.

1 minute ago, Skillster said:

I really like this, good work! One thing I would recommend would be the option to sort the pets by Attack Speed or Region or Family, etc. So I could easily find the pets with very fast attack speed, or sort by region to see what pets are available where I'm at.

You can sort by clicking on the appropriate header (click on the attack speed header on top of the table).  You can filter by anything by entering it in the search field (such as regions, try "Badlands" or "Tanaris")

Edited by Daxiongmao87

3 minutes ago, Daxiongmao87 said:

You can sort by clicking on the appropriate header (click on the attack speed header on top of the table).  You can filter by anything by entering it in the search field (such as regions, try "Badlands" or "Tanaris")

Really? Clicking the header isn't working for me. Could it be because of a java script failure? I get an error for "Script: http://companioncodex.com/wp-i…js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4" Every time I open the bestiary. It could be a bunch of other reasons too I suppose. I'm on a shitty work computer, running Windows XP with old browsers and such.

Sad to hear! I'm also working on including different ways to view the bestiary (separate tables for each family, unique looks, attack speed, each region, etc.).  People are complaining that the rather large table was unwieldy on some devices.  

What is most likely happening is that since you're using an outdated OS (I love XP too, I feel you), browser support has largely been halted and more modern code eventually becomes incompatible.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about getting those categories to work for you, but hopefully alternate methods I'm providing will help

Just now, Daxiongmao87 said:

Sad to hear! I'm also working on including different ways to view the bestiary (separate tables for each family, unique looks, attack speed, each region, etc.).  People are complaining that the rather large table was unwieldy on some devices.  

What is most likely happening is that since you're using an outdated OS (I love XP too, I feel you), browser support has largely been halted and more modern code eventually becomes incompatible.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about getting those categories to work for you, but hopefully alternate methods I'm providing will help

Hey man, no problem! I won't be looking at the website on my work computer, my home PC is much more current haha. We'll see if I run into the same problems at home. And the other changes sound great. We all appreciate the effort you're putting in to compile this stuff!