gotmilk0112

After playing a tank and a healer

21 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

r2S3RuU.png

So many pull-happy tanks that run off into the next pack when I'm at 15% mana and drinking.

You know how everyone you work with is retarded, and they ask stupid questions like how to attach files to an email? Those are the people playing WoW.
- Paladins and druids offering to heal for the group while using dps gear and dps talent points.
- "Shadow priests heal just fine" says the priest who goes oom in 3 seconds, has no man regen while casting, and didn't bring any water to the dungeon. 
- Mages who aoe in dungeons and die every single time. New flash: non-elite monsters hit just as hard as the elite monsters. If you have 10 scorpids or 10 gnomes on you, you're done. This is particularly hilarious in the BRD 10 second respawn room. The correct way to do the room and never have any issues is to have the warrior or druid tank hold agro with demoralizing shout, and the monsters are killed one at a time. The dps might pull agro on one monster at a time, but the healer can manage that. This has worked every time I have ever tried it. I have yet to see a single party get through that room by using aoe because the mage has a 100% chance of dying.

I remember one particularly hilarious thing from the legit vanilla days. I was the healer and we were in SM Armory. The arms warrior says he wants to solo Herod. We all agree, and we watch him get destroyed. The guy gets mad that I didn't heal him. When he said solo, he meant the opposite of solo. 

6 minutes ago, Tinkler said:

- Paladins and druids offering to heal for the group while using [...] dps talent points.
- "Shadow priests heal just fine" says the priest who goes oom in 3 seconds, has no man regen while casting, and didn't bring any water to the dungeon.

You can heal with DPS specs perfectly fine. Stop perpetuating this "you must be healing spec to heal" meme.

Edited by gotmilk0112

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, i just healed BFD (Balance Druid) with a Rambo-style Warrior and TWO warlocks lifetap spamming without drinking/eating.  One lock soulstoned the warrior, one soulstoned himself, neither gave/offered healthstones.    I do believe that it's a mix of retail dumbing down players and the fact that some people are just naturally short-sighted (selfish) to bigger pictures.   But as a healer it's not hard to sit back and psycho-analyze your team within the first few mobs of a dungeon.

It's nothing to do with retail, people were doing the same thing back in 2005.

I dont really see the problem healer shouldn't have to drink for most of the time. I only drink with my priest, when I have to rebuff or someone messes up the pull and you can actually drink while the tank pulls the next grp. I imagine he does not die in a few  secs so that's enough drink-time.

Edited by Trynux
typos

Of course you never see the good blizzard mages in 5 man groups. Because those guys are doing it alone or 2 man. I know mages who can solo pretty much every trash pack in every 5 man instance with blizzard. If it's melee and chillable it is killable. It's your own fault if you try to tank a blizzard pull. And you are even dumb if you do this because a good mage will never get hit by melee mobs in his blizzard... And if you taunt and tank the mobs you take pointless damage and ruin the blizzarding. Nothing is more annoying than some idiots spreading, taunting, fearing / whatever your grouped up mob pack that you are blizzarding, trust me. And those are the kind of guys that blame the mage for being "bad" while at the same time running into 10 frostnova'd ghouls/orcs/whatever and cry about being oneshot.

A good mage can literally kite everything that is chillable as long as the group does not вау фекал up. If the group understands the braindead easy concept that you don't need aggro from mobs that will never reach the mage anyways you can help the mage by not trying to play the tank hero and actually do something useful for instance in ubrs the trash around the beast room and the bridge has a few casters that you can pick out of all the melee. A "good" mage can literally solo all of ubrs trash without taking melee damage. The casters can be silenced, the mage can be shielded and healed through.

Don't blame the mage when in truth, you are being dumb for not understanding this game breaking concept.

Edited by Jongers
typos

This is credit to all the Lich babies and beyond now playing.  They think as a tank and dps that pulling mob after mob makes you some kinda of incredible WoW player.

As a tank I watch my healer's mana and wait until he has drinked or rdy to go.  Also while he is drinking I will eat in between breaks to help out heals and so that not everything is always on heals.

Basically all these "new" players do not realize that mana regen is infinite and the healer is not there to top everyone off for every pull.  No mana effecient heal spell or HoT you can throw on the tank or dps.

5 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

You can heal with DPS specs perfectly fine. Stop perpetuating this "you must be healing spec to heal" meme.

Why do shadow priests consistently run out of mana when I'm tanking, but I never run out of mana when I'm healing as a disc priest? 
My prot paladin has some pretty good healing gear, but healing is god awful. My mana regen is about 20% slower than a holy paladin, mana pool is 10% smaller, healing spells are something like 15% weaker, chance to crit is 5% lower, I don't get any mana back when it crits. If I have the 5% extra crit chance, this brings the crit rate up to maybe 10% or so, and that other talent means you get 100% of your mana back when that happens, so that's about 10% free healing.

To calculate the ballpark cumulative effect, multiply all of those together.
(0.8 mana regen)*(0.9 mana pool)*(0.85 healing power)*(0.95 relative crit chance)*(0.9 free mana at 10% crit rate) = 0.52326, or about 52%. A prot paladin with exactly the same gear is 52% as effective.

7 minutes ago, Tinkler said:

Why do shadow priests consistently run out of mana when I'm tanking, but I never run out of mana when I'm healing as a disc priest? 

Because they're shit healers and/or the tank is undergeared?

Don't immediately blame an entire spec and label it "bad" because you had one bad experience.

Also why are you playing Disc in a 5man? Disc is only good for raids. For healing, you'll always want to be mostly Holy.

To calculate the ballpark cumulative effect, multiply all of those together.
(0.8 mana regen)*(0.9 mana pool)*(0.85 healing power)*(0.95 relative crit chance)*(0.9 free mana at 10% crit rate) = 0.52326, or about 52%. A prot paladin with exactly the same gear is 52% as effective.

"Healing effectiveness" is not an additive calculation.

Edited by gotmilk0112

Of course,  healing and / or tanking in proper spec will be better,  thats why you can spec as such,  to have increased abilities and better stats.  What we are trying to say is that it is possible to run through it by just having a gear.  Sure your healing or threat abilities might not be as powerful,  the mana/ hp and ressistances ( also defense)  but it is doable.  Just gonna have to try harder and drink / eat more often.  Once 60 you'd definitely respec nontheless. 

46 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Also why are you playing Disc in a 5man? Disc is only good for raids. For healing, you'll always want to be mostly Holy.

"Healing effectiveness" is not an additive calculation.

Disc is the easiest to level. It might not be the most fun, but it's the easiest. 

If we can't multiply the numbers together, what is an alternative calculation to use? Let's say I get 10% smaller heals that cost 10% more to cast. How do I calculate the cumulative effect of these two things?

4 minutes ago, Tinkler said:

If we can't multiply the numbers together, what is an alternative calculation to use? Let's say I get 10% smaller heals that cost 10% more to cast. How do I calculate the cumulative effect of these two things?

You're taking a bunch of talent values, multiplying them together at random and then claiming that one spec is XX% less "effective" at healing.

You're not actually doing any theorycraft, you're just multiplying some numbers and percentages together, completely ignoring the plethora of other variables involved in the effectiveness of healing.

You do not NEED to be in a healing spec to heal, until 60. Stop with the "shadow can't heal", "ret can't heal", "feral can't heal", "enh/ele can't heal" meme.

4 minutes ago, Tinkler said:

Disc is the easiest to level. It might not be the most fun, but it's the easiest. 

Shadow is the easiest to level, m8. Disc doesn't get any damage bonuses (outside of wands) until deep in the tree.

Edited by gotmilk0112

30 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

You're taking a bunch of talent values, multiplying them together at random

That is how these calculations work. Suppose you find a weapon that hits 10% harder per swing and it swings 10% faster. How  would you calculate how much more dps it does? The kind of calculation one would do on a bar napkin would be (1.1)*(1.1) = 1.21, or 21% better. If you have a calculator, you might calculate it as (1.1 damage)/(0.9 swing time) = 1.2222, or 22% better.

If a holy priest has 10% stronger heals and they cost 15% less to cast, what is the cumulative effect of those? Relative to a shadow priest, the holy priest is (1.1)/(0.85) = 1.294. He can heal almost 30% more than you before going oom.
Disc is harder to quantify because much of it relies on regen while casting. Disc priests don't even need to carry water in most cases.