Sign in to follow this  
Alex149

German Server Language

Hey!

Is there a plan to implement multilinguality on the servers? I've been playing on a german server ever since and it's not 100% the same feeling as in english. So far it's playable with the german client but many aspects like the world chat just don't work...

Greetz,

Alex

Not that I'm aware of. Its actually against the ToU to use anything except english in public channels. So my guess would be no.

Actually I'm not referring to the language spoken, but to the support of the german WoW client which is unfortunately pretty faulty right now. :/

The world chat is not working nor are a lot of plug ins... Also a lot of questgivers are talking in english while the quest itself is in german in the log.

Edited by Alex149

Ah. That I'm not 100% sure on. I guess it would have more to do with the quality of the German client available, and its relative compatibility with the server.

6 hours ago, Glenzig said:

Ah. That I'm not 100% sure on. I guess it would have more to do with the quality of the German client available, and its relative compatibility with the server.

the german client is just as good. i guess its the same except of the language.

to OP: i dont think this will ever happen. ppl of other languages would demand adaptions as well

8 hours ago, Gugi1987 said:

if everybody else can handle english so can u

This is not about being able to handle anyhting, what kind of argument is this? Classic servers are about reliving the experience, and if the german vanilla was part of the experience I had as a 12 year old then so be it. I merely think it would be an improvement if multi-language support was implemented, not that its necessary.

6 hours ago, Alex149 said:

This is not about being able to handle anyhting, what kind of argument is this? Classic servers are about reliving the experience, and if the german vanilla was part of the experience I had as a 12 year old then so be it. I merely think it would be an improvement if multi-language support was implemented, not that its necessary.

this is totally true. if you want to have nostalgia, you choose the faction you played, the class you played, with a character that looks like yours, so you also want to play on a server with the same language you  played on.

thats a reason why many non-english ppl dont roll here or any other english server. or dont play vanilla at all, cause theres no proper option tthat matches their needs.

and even tho the server is much worse and widely unknown, theres atleast 1 german only server with 1k pop.

3 hours ago, Revo said:

this is totally true. if you want to have nostalgia, you choose the faction you played, the class you played, with a character that looks like yours, so you also want to play on a server with the same language you  played on.

thats a reason why many non-english ppl dont roll here or any other english server. or dont play vanilla at all, cause theres no proper option tthat matches their needs.

and even tho the server is much worse and widely unknown, theres atleast 1 german only server with 1k pop.

People that do not want to integrate linguistically, and will stay segregated in their own language guilds and channels are not compatible with the rules and ethos of an international server like Elysium.

Unless you're suggesting that these people don't play on Elysium solely due to the German client not working properly but if it did work they'd play and integrate normally with the rest of the community. Doesn't sound plausible to me.

I bet you're that type of person that watched german poorly synchronized movies and never bothered to learn english which in your youth made you bad at it in the first place.

Learn english or get out.

11 hours ago, hamish909 said:

People that do not want to integrate linguistically, and will stay segregated in their own language guilds and channels are not compatible with the rules and ethos of an international server like Elysium.

Unless you're suggesting that these people don't play on Elysium solely due to the German client not working properly but if it did work they'd play and integrate normally with the rest of the community. Doesn't sound plausible to me.

I wasn't referring to the fact that I'm missing different languages being spoken - English being the main language on the server is something I really appreciate. What I meant is that the German Client lacks functionality with the Server, which results in things like the World Chat not being functionable and it would be awesome if it worked. I'm not missing a German community, I just would like to be able to play the game in German.

5 hours ago, InfiniteEly2 said:

I bet you're that type of person that watched german poorly synchronized movies and never bothered to learn english which in your youth made you bad at it in the first place.

Learn english or get out.

Why all the salt? As you see I don't have any problems in expressing myself in English even a bit.