Sign in to follow this  
wampuskitty

Randomise respawn timers for recipes

I've been trying to get the Frost Oil recipe for weeks and it's clearly being camped and sold at an extortionate price on the AH.  

I am told the respawn timer is 90 minutes, if so then this camping behaviour is clearly exploiting game mechanics to advantage.  It hurts lower players because we can't afford 7-10g for a recipe when we have to save for a mount. 

There's no particular reason for fixed respawn timers other than ease of programming, unless you're claiming they are DESIGNED to propagate this camping behaviour.  I never saw this on the old Elysium but there was similar trouble on the old Nostalrius.

My suggestion:  can we have limited-stock vendor recipes respawning randomly please to give us all a chance to get them?  

1 hour ago, wampuskitty said:

I never saw this on the old Elysium but there was similar trouble on the old Nostalrius.

On Nostalrius, some people used to have lvl1 alts named after the recipe/schematic/whatever rare vendor item in question, so that they would at a glance know what they were logging in to snatch before everyone else. It was really ridiculous.

Do you also want 1h spawn time on world bosses while you're at it ? With that kind of suggestions this is towards what the servers will head to. Then you'll ask for faction transfers because of whatever reason, race change for another one, etc.

Try to enjoy the game and servers as they should be. 

I am not asking for a shortening of respawns just randomisation, it's about fairness and preventing exploits.  A 90 minute timer could be changed to "random time between 60 and 120 minutes but on average 90".  That would make it fairer for all and harder for campers.