Sign in to follow this  
ZedMatey

Stone drop rate.

I am finding that the drop rate on stone from mining is significantly lower than I am used to on other vanilla projects. For example I can farm and at the end of the run I would have 110 Iron Ore and only have 43 Heavy stone.Whether it is RNG or not is debatable, and whether it is blizzlike or not I am unsure because I never went mining in retail vanilla. All I can say is that is it much less than my previous experiences on K1/K2 - where I would always end up with more stone than ore.

Anyone noticing this? I am understanding and accepting of the drop rate, I am just pointing out what I have encountered. 

ps. I play on the Elysium server.

I have noticed on Elysium that you will get roughly 40 stone per 100 ore of whatever you are mining. It makes BS and engi very difficult due to the amount of stone needed. Stone prices on the AH are very high because of this as well. Makes for good gold if you wanna farm because you can just sell everything, and iron nodes are everywhere and easy to farm, heavy stone sells for quite a bit.

I do think it would be beneficial to increase the rate of stone dropped, as I do think it's a bit low from both retail vanilla and other projects, and seriously fucks with BS and Engi.

Source- I'm 297 mining skill at level 53, and went armorsmith so was farming A LOT of mithril.

On 4/16/2017 at 5:46 PM, Lazias said:

I have noticed on Elysium that you will get roughly 40 stone per 100 ore of whatever you are mining. It makes BS and engi very difficult due to the amount of stone needed. Stone prices on the AH are very high because of this as well. Makes for good gold if you wanna farm because you can just sell everything, and iron nodes are everywhere and easy to farm, heavy stone sells for quite a bit.

I do think it would be beneficial to increase the rate of stone dropped, as I do think it's a bit low from both retail vanilla and other projects, and seriously fucks with BS and Engi.

Source- I'm 297 mining skill at level 53, and went armorsmith so was farming A LOT of mithril.

You can craft items that dont require stones just fine.