Sign in to follow this  
Elwynn

Ranged Attack Speed.

Since no one has been able to answer my question in-game, nor my previous post about my damage. I've decided to do this post, going in greater detail, explaining my questions and hopefully this will get an answer that satisfy me. Spoilers contain links/pictures.

My former question was about the output of my hunter. Im level 39 as of now, and I have Marksmanship spec. Im a dwarf female, and all of my damaging spells and buff i.e. Aspect of the Hawk is maxed for my current level. When I've been questing, I've noticed my crits and I've been watching if my damage seems appropiate to my level (killing mobs fast enough etc.). I have observed the following numbers:

• Aimed Shot - 650+ crit.
  • Arcane Shot - 150+ crit.
  • Multishot (single target) - 450+ crit.
  • White damage (autoshot) - 300+ crit.

While I do know that it is hard to compare my damage to that of a level 60. I have been asking level 60's with Marks-spec, other hunters and I've inspected the ones I have asked to compare their ranged weapons to mine.

Spoiler

69f5loO.png

I have asked and seen hunters 3-4 levels above me with ranged weapons that is precieved to be better than mine (higher level, higher DPS, stats etc.) and I've noticed that their Ranged Damage Per Second (even 4 levels above me) is about the same as mine at around 62.6. The twist is... I have the Steelarrow Crossbow, supposedly one of the most powerful ranged weapons because of the way that hunter spells work(ed) with ranged attack speed. 

Spoiler

ZmKtFSM.png

Now there is a problem with that (having the Steelarrow Crossbow). The crossbow was "fixed" due to a bug that was causing it to deal far more damage than it was supposed to. And later the weapon was "nerfed" under with the removal of normalization of ranged attack speeds when using special attacks. But since this server (Elysium PvP) is not currently at the patch that removed the normalized of the attack speeds but the client we use is far beyond that. Theres a conflict and I cant figure out if the crossbow works? If, the client is showing the wrong stats on the crossbow, but the output is higher than it says in the character panel or if the ranged attack speeds has are being normalized? 

Spoiler

Wp5Yf7f.png

Can someone please answer these questions?

• Do I need to change weapon?
  • Could I do more damage with a weapon that isnt almost 20 level behind me?
  • Is the ranged attack speed normalized altho it should be?
  • Has the Steelarrow Crossbow been nerfed like in retail, altho we havnt "reached" that patch?
  • Or should we assume that its a mess because the client is much newer than the actual "version" we are playing (on Elysium PvP)?

-Elwynn <Legend>

Edited by Elwynn
eye candy

- yes and no see answer nr 2

-yes you could however u need to learn about cycles and where hunter dmg come from in order to find an answer you'd understand

-i have no idea about what u're talking about with attack speed normalization, ur attack speed for ranged weapons is based on ur weapon speed, casting speed of aimed shot is 3s and modified only by rapid fire and quickshots. multishot and autoshot windup have hidden 0.5 cast. 

-We're o 1.12.1 patch for most of things like minor world buffs/nerfs/talents only content is progressive and according profession recipes. 

-Yes u should assume its a mess, retail vanilla was 12y ago and most people even if they played it cant remember the spectrum of changes from patch to patch, its nigh impossible to keep the patch to patch progression given the understanding of instability of emulated content and amount of time that volunteers can put into it. 

TL:dr servers that call themselves blizzlike aim toward the "feeling" of retail vanilla. You should expect differences in many aspects tho. For the good or the bad. Thats just the name of the game. 

29 minutes ago, Morathe said:

-i have no idea about what u're talking about with attack speed normalization, ur attack speed for ranged weapons is based on ur weapon speed, casting speed of aimed shot is 3s and modified only by rapid fire and quickshots. multishot and autoshot windup have hidden 0.5 cast.

I worded it wrongly.

As I read it. A higher ranged attack speed means higher dps this is also SLOWER or it should be, but hunters special attacks i.e. Arcane Shot etc. is normalized or were to 2.80 when using these. Therefor, using a ranged weapon with 3.40 (as the Steelarrow Crossbow) you would get the benifits of a slow but hard hitting weapon, because all special attacks were normalized to 2.80 no matter the weapon.

Im wondering if this is the case for Elysium or that the normalization is removed as it was in later patches back in the day. And if it is, my weapon is not as good as it supposedly should be.

43 minutes ago, Morathe said:

-We're o 1.12.1 patch for most of things like minor world buffs/nerfs/talents only content is progressive and according profession recipes. 

Meaning. The Steelarrow Crossbow shouldnt be fixed (1.2.2) and the special attacks should be normalized to 2.80 - but I want confirmation.

Like the fact that you currently can have 1 of each Sting from 3 different hunters on one target. Which should be fixed if the crossbow is fixed and the special attacks for ranged weapons is no longer normalized.

special attacks are normalized at 2.80 when playing on the 1.12.1 client, yes.

12 hours ago, Elwynn said:

Like the fact that you currently can have 1 of each Sting from 3 different hunters on one target

I don't play on elysiums servers atm but on nost 1.0 this wasnt the case, and it definitely shouldn't be the case on Elysium either.

6 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

<insert "thank you-meme">

Finally someone could offer me the answer I was seeking. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

I don't play on elysiums servers atm but on nost 1.0 this wasnt the case, and it definitely shouldn't be the case on Elysium either.

Well it is - currently. Yesterday I saw 3 serpentstings and 1 scorpid sting on 1 target.

2 minutes ago, Elwynn said:

Well it is - currently. Yesterday I saw 3 serpentstings and 1 scorpid sting on 1 target.

Misunderstood your previous question then.
You should be able to have several sting debuffs on a target as long its from other hunters. You can only have 1 of your own stings on the target though.

24 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Misunderstood your previous question then.
You should be able to have several sting debuffs on a target as long its from other hunters. You can only have 1 of your own stings on the target though.

Viper stings stack, serpents stings stack, scorpid stings don't stack. 

Just now, Morathe said:

well yeah, scorpid dosn't stack obviously. My bad. that would be ridiculous.

14 hours ago, Morathe said:

Troll racial Berserking quickens aimed shot cast time (and ranged AS ?) too. Not sure about Juju Flurry and Battle Squawk (for the latter I'm sure it increases ranged attack speed however) interaction with aimed shot cast time though.

49 minutes ago, Morathe said:

Im talking out my ass. Of course only 1 sting PER hunter is the corret way LOL. I was thinking that only 1 was allowed out of mulitple hunters.

On 4/2/2017 at 0:18 PM, Cruzix said:

Can you elaborate on what that means? (Example please :) ) As far as i was concerned when it comes to attack speed on hunter weapons and how it effects dmg output, the idea was that as long as the attack speed is slower than 3.00 (obviously quiver etc is a factor) you could incorporate Aimed Shot to your rotation without any penalty to weapon dmg, as no shots 'weren't fired' during the 3 second cast time of Aimed Shot. Thanks a lot!

Edited by sader92