Orpheus148

paladins in pvp / holy dps

2 questions:

How well do paladins do dps wise in pvp? I think I read earlier someone recommended holy?

This leads to my next question:

How does holy dps differ from Retribution dps?

On 2017-02-16 at 1:49 PM, JCarrill0 said:

Shockadin in PvP is only viable once you have a descent amount of spell DMg gear.

t2 or r10, r13 is a good place to start.

Thats only after 1.9, before that t2 only have +healing.

I used to run this spec as a shockadin back in vanilla with PVP gear and TUF.  I preferred it because it was more consistent than retribution burst dps, but still had a fair amount of burst.

I would run BoW with either Retribution or Concentration Aura.  And go ham, it also makes for a better support healer in group fights than retribution.

22 hours ago, Maez said:

I used to run this spec as a shockadin back in vanilla with PVP gear and TUF.  I preferred it because it was more consistent than retribution burst dps, but still had a fair amount of burst.

I would run BoW with either Retribution or Concentration Aura.  And go ham, it also makes for a better support healer in group fights than retribution.

This actually looks kinda cool. How well does it heal? good enough for dungeons?? Can you suggest an edit so that it could pick up improved BoW

Edited by Orpheus148

20 hours ago, Orpheus148 said:

This actually looks kinda cool. How well does it heal? good enough for dungeons?? Can you suggest an edit so that it could pick up improved BoW

I'm currently working toward recreating my paly from vanilla on live, but healing dungeons should be plenty doable.  You just don't get the Healing Light bonus, nor the utility of protection, which you don't necessarily need in 5-man dungeon content.

This build is mostly for bursty and "somewhat controllable" damage and strong healing during small PVP skirmishes.

If you want Imp BoW, I would suggest dropping Unyielding Faith for it.  For PVP, the small boost that it gives is not worth taking Imp BoW, IMO.