Sign in to follow this  
Lazias

Best way to farm gold as a pally?

Im currently Leveling a Pally main on Elysium server. I'm not 60 yet, but when I am, what's the best way to farm gold?

On my old pally main on nost, I was always broke at 60, so just curious what the best ways are to gold farm as a Pally.

an easy way to make some gold is to farm Stockades solo - I usually make 5-10 gold in about 10-15 minutes quickly mowing down all the mobs with AoE then selling all the items

It's a throw back to my Peenix days when Duplex and I apparently killed LEGION by having the audacity to bid DKP on /gasp DPS items...

and also a /nod to

1 hour ago, Theloras said:

an easy way to make some gold is to farm Stockades solo - I usually make 5-10 gold in about 10-15 minutes quickly mowing down all the mobs with AoE then selling all the items

Thanks! That sounds like a great plan. Do you vendor everything? Or stick greens on the ah?

You can put them on the AH since some are decent for twinks or lowbies levelling up but I don't bother - I just vendor them

19 minutes ago, Theloras said:

It's a throw back to my Peenix days when Duplex and I apparently killed LEGION by having the audacity to bid DKP on /gasp DPS items...

and also a /nod to

Well that's the point of DKP right? You bid on what you need, and the highest bid gets the item. Doesn't matter what spec you are running. 

If a guild has a problem with it they can go loot council then people get mad because the loot council hooks up their buddies first.

3 minutes ago, Lazias said:

Well that's the point of DKP right? You bid on what you need, and the highest bid gets the item. Doesn't matter what spec you are running. 

If a guild has a problem with it they can go loot council then people get mad because the loot council hooks up their buddies first.

yea it was a joke - my buddy Duplex (he was Holy for raids but got the nod to bid on DPS gear since we PvPed together) bid his entire DKP on Cloak of Concentrated Hatred off of Prophet Skeram in AQ40 - much drama ensued and the guild collapsed as a result from butthurt melee DPS who should learn to...

MAYBE BID MORE DKP NEXT TIME!!!

14 minutes ago, Theloras said:

yea it was a joke - my buddy Duplex (he was Holy for raids but got the nod to bid on DPS gear since we PvPed together) bid his entire DKP on Cloak of Concentrated Hatred off of Prophet Skeram in AQ40 - much drama ensued and the guild collapsed as a result from butthurt melee DPS who should learn to...

MAYBE BID MORE DKP NEXT TIME!!!

Yea seems like stupid drama to me. I'm planning on braving the BS and raiding ret so I can relate to that story.

1 hour ago, Theloras said:

and also a /nod to

This reminds me on Peenix and Guild Tainted when they refused to allow me rolling my Legendary Tanking Sword Wraithblade.

They said if they allow me, the Guild will disband.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

15 hours ago, killerduki said:

This reminds me on Peenix and Guild Tainted when they refused to allow me rolling my Legendary Tanking Sword Wraithblade.

They said if they allow me, the Guild will disband.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Sounds like you should lead your own guild! Lol

18 hours ago, Lazias said:

Im currently Leveling a Pally main on Elysium server. I'm not 60 yet, but when I am, what's the best way to farm gold?

On my old pally main on nost, I was always broke at 60, so just curious what the best ways are to gold farm as a Pally.

When I was 60, in retail I would farm Scarlet Monastery & Uldamon.

at first it was hard, so I did it with a buddy, but as I got gear, I was able to solo most of it.

if you know how to play auctioneer, you can farm certain items.

i would mine ore/gems and sell those such as arcane crystals and stuff.

even without mining I would farm elemental sand sell various items on the AH. It was pretty easy.

now the final way is if you really put effort.

fishing for me always had me goldnto buy spells when leveling up, plus mounts for slots.

at 60, I still used fishing to help me get gold to respect from holy PvE to PvP when I did off days for BGs. 

Dire Maul AOE farming
ZF and Pray for Edgemaster's Handguards
Stockades (sure convenience)
BRD Prison (Arena) area

This is what happens when hybrid classes get gear.

I was a Retard back in Vanilla.  I was in a Raiding guild before Aq existed, doing the standard MC clear after Bwl was done.  I was 1 of 2 designated paladins allowed to respect ret for raids if the primary one didn't show up.  Other wise,I was a 2 button healing monkey.  I had all of T1 except the legs and helm, had t2 helm and legs.  I was excited because out of all the plate wearers that showed up I had the most dkp by 5 so I was hoping for a http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19143 or a chance to bid on http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17063.  Neither dropped.  Guess ill get some t2 next week. 

Clear Rag and the eye drops.....I have the most dkp.  I bid all in right off the bat saying, "all in! I have the most dkp out of the warrior and paladins!"  Raid chat + Vent, yes we used Vent back then, went completely nuts.  The warrior were claiming its a Warrior weapon only, the other paladins were claiming the dkp wasn't accurate.  The officers left vent and went into their own channel and came back a minute later and announced they were going to allow negative dkp bidding, meaning you could bid dkp you didn't have and pay it back. Pandoras Box, Officers were retarded.  In the end, I and every other warrior and paladin bid well over 5 years worth of showing up to every raid worth of DKP and they went to officer chat again.  Came back and had every one roll.

I rolled a 93, by some act of god, I won! and then they expected me to pay back 5 years worth of dkp.  I spent the entire time I was farming the matts talking to the Gm and officers about the situation:

1.)  I had the most dkp, It was kept track of on the guild website they could look at the totals after the Rag clear. I had 5 more dkp than the next closest plate wearer.

2.) Paying back the negative million dkp would take over 5 years, why would I continue to raid with no chance at any loot

3.) You guys know you screwed up on the decision to open negative dkp bidding.

4.) I won a roll, that should not have even happened for fuck sake.

In the end they decided to charge me my max all in that day after I had completed my hand of Rag and told them I was gquiting otherwise.  Mind you this entire time, 2 weeks it took to farm the matts, the entire guild was blowing up.  I was being called a loot whore, a ninja, an asshole etc etc etc by pretty much everyone.  It was a complete gas lighting by everyone except the other ret paladin that wasn't there that day.  Even though, their was a crafter in guild that could make the sulfon hammer, I had to go out of guild because he refused too. The warrior class leader went as far as posting bounties on my head while I was out farming gold for the matts.  I stuck around for maybe another 2 weeks, blew my dkp on a piece t2 I didn't really care about and server transferred out.  I had asked around looking for another raiding guild, but basically I didn't care for server anymore.

This is basically what happens when a hybrid class rolls on DPS gear or Legendries

True story

Links don't work as the database is gone and it was meant for another server, but most of still applies.  I wrote this years ago.

http://www.classicwow.com/forum/topic/52048-sins-gold-guide/

Edited by SInit

These aren't solo farming spots but I love tanking strat live,just reserve the orbs and spam it for a day.

Another option is doing 12 Minute lava runs and pulling as much fire elementals as you can within 12 minutes. That alone makes pretty good gold then you can also sell HOJ as well.

If I'm solo farming, I'll aoe farm demons in felwood or dme lashers.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, JCarrill0 said:

This link doesn't give permission to view.

and for some reason it links feenix Facebook at the bottom

Probably have to be a member of the forums.  Oh well.  I'm too lazy to update it for a different server then post.  Not like Elysium has an accurate database to use anyways.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:23 PM, SInit said:

Probably have to be a member of the forums.  Oh well.  I'm too lazy to update it for a different server then post.  Not like Elysium has an accurate database to use anyways.

I was a member on feenix, but not since they rebooted as Nemesis server and switched their domain to classicwow