Sign in to follow this  
Storfan

Make Sulfuras great again. [Incorrect proc-rate]

This is a copy of the bug-report I have made on github. I will also post this thread on Shaman and warrior forums. What I would like from anyone else using this weapon is for you to test it on your own and report back in the thread, or as a bugreport on github your findings. Should anyone also happen to have it on their retail-characters please test there aswell. I would also like to point out that the Addons called ProcWatch and ProcWatcher is NOT reliable (I repeat, NOT reliable!) because they dont count all hits correctly. I have however noticed that DPSmate does infact work great for this purpose. Now, onto the report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGGED/INCORRECT BEHAVIOR:
Through extensive testing I have determined that the current proc chance on Elysium (Anathema) is 4.87% (Probably set to 5% by Devs). However, it is actually 6% on retail live server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anathema testing method:
Recorded with the addon "DPSmate".

3179 hits only with sulfuras and only with abilities that are able to trigger the weapons proc.

- 155 procs
- Proc chance: 155/3179 = 0,0487574709027996 = 4.87%
- Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/BSqG9

Retail-live Testing method:
Recorded with the addon "Recount".

10k hits on a Target dummy in Ironforge.

- 619 procs
- Proc chance: 619/10001 = 6.19%
- Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/p8iL2

CONSLUSION: Devs have assigned Sulfuras a 5% proc-rate because of lack of in-depht testing. 5% is a "nice and even" number and could very well have been the actual rate. However, after 10k hits it has now been proven beyond a resonable doubt that the proc-rate is infact 6%. A 1% deviation is simply too large when it comes to a pool of 10k hits to chalk down to RNG.

Edited by Storfan

Not only Proc Rate is bugged, but 2 things are more bugged here:

1- The Return Damage scale with Spell Damage (which should never do that)

2- The Proc does not scale with Spell Damage (which should scale with Spell Damage)

/Kind regards Killerduki

5 minutes ago, killerduki said:

Not only Proc Rate is bugged, but 2 things are more bugged here:

1- The Return Damage scale with Spell Damage (which should never do that)

2- The Proc does not scale with Spell Damage (which should scale with Spell Damage)

/Kind regards Killerduki

I would appriciate it if you'd join me in the testing then and add to the bug-report.

4 hours ago, Storfan said:

I would appriciate it if you'd join me in the testing then and add to the bug-report.

I don't have the Weapon , can't test it :(

/Kind regards Killerduki