Sign in to follow this  
trademarkdkill

Hunter MC/BWL BiS Raiding list?

Right now I am looking for a hunter BiS list for a guild that would be moving on after MC farm to start progressing in BWL? Also if I can get a BWL to AQ list would help a bunch in future as well. Is there any of these lists out there right now? All I can find is a hunter pre-raid BIS.

If you're already raiding, you want to max giantstalker, get your quest bow, then whatever else you can. Most people DW the weapons from ZG. The 2 blue rings make a good set, because you'll probably never be given a quick strike. Necklace is ony, which is usually prioritized for physical dps not casters, so you can get one. Cape is from ragnaros, or ZG if you can't get one. 1-2 dragon (t2) isn't worth wearing over 8/8 giant because the bonus is nice, so I suggest sitting on giant until you get at least 3 dragon.

The ZG class set is complete trash for Hunter. You go there for weapons/rings/enchants, possibly the gun if you struggle getting a leaf to drop.

Awesome Drain thanks for the input. I saw similar things but not enough to confirm. Im hunter class lead for my guild so i needed extra backup before i put things to the other hunters.

Alright so pre-BWL (without ZG) your BiS would be full T1 with Onyneck, Black Baron Cape (Horde) / Ragcape (Alliance), Brutality Blade, Core Hound Tooth, Rhok'delar, Quick Strike Ring / Don Julio / Accuria (depending on race, scope etc - i prefer DJ + QSR), DM Trinket and Blackhands Breadth.

For BWL + ZG, you want full T2, Prestors, same capes as before, Don Julio + Quick Strike Ring, Fang of the Facesless, Hakkarimainhand, Ashjre'Thul (with damagescope), DFT and Blackhands Breadth aswell as every trinket with actives you can get your hands on (Renatakis, Hakkarhearttrinket, Devilsaur Eye,..).

I dont agree with Poly on BWL lvl BiS - 7dmg scope adds around 4dps, so it's very bad. At the same time Don Julio + Quick Strike is worse dps wise than ZG rings set or Quick Strike + Cirle of Applied Force (last two combos are pretty much the same, around 1% difference; although the second combo is better). Nevertheless, the biggest point is DFT being unonbtainable in a real envirionment. Also, being unable to swap out of DFT limits you a lot i think, especially later into the game when there are more active trinkets out there.

If you consider really obtainable items then 8/8 T2, Ash, ZG weapons, ZG rings, Ragna/Baron backs and Prestors are BiS. Keep in mind that Hakkar neck is better than Ony neck if you don't need that hit.

IMO with these discussions it should be stated for which setting you want to gear for - some items will change depending on the world buffs you have.

On a side note: heart of Hakkar trinket is so bad so it's worse than DM trinket if you want to equip it during the fight and use after it cool downs. And you don't want to use it as an opener trinket cause it's worse than Renataki and Eye.

Renataki's is very strong tho.

I've compared the set up Poly advised with the one i did and found out that Poly's set up is ~0.5% dps better than mine. So on a theoretical approach one could aim for that.

Specifically concerning your rings I'm a bit confused.

ZG Rings:

1 % crit, 20 AP
+
14 Agi, 1 % Hit
+
30 AP

=

1,26 % crit, 50 AP, 1 % Hit

-----------------------------

QSR + DJ:

1 % crit, 30 AP
+
1 % crit, 1 % hit, 16 AP

=

2 % crit, 46 AP, 1 % Hit

That means you'd value 4 AP higher than 0,74 % crit, which I don't agree with.

-----------------------------

QSR + CoAF:

1 % crit, 30 AP
+
22 Agi

=

1,42 % crit, 74 AP

Here you would swap 28 AP for 0,48 % crit and 1 % Hit - now that's an exchange that  c o u l d  work, but as you said, those are two very different builds.

Basically I agree with you, your build might be more "practicable" and attainable, but I was talking about the BiS setup - so if your tanks get prio over you on DFT, you obviously might want to find hit somewhere else and go with Pwnjins build. If, however, you find yourself in the lucky position to freely gear your character, I'd say my list is slightly superior.

Poly, i think you missed 28 RAP on ZG rings set due to 14agi. That will put it on par with QSR+Applied force.

Since ive crunched numbers i do agree that your build provides more dps.

Wops, I'm stupid, you're right, then it's 1,26 % crit, 78 AP, 1 % Hit, sorry for that. Yeah in that case those are actually better than QSR+CoAF. I guess in regards of trinketswaps lateron it might be smarter to go with the build that uses weaker non-active trinkets which would be your build - hard to tell though. Sorry for calling you out - had a brainfart it seems :D

On 5/5/2017 at 4:13 PM, Poly said:

Alright so pre-BWL (without ZG) your BiS would be full T1 with Onyneck, Black Baron Cape (Horde) / Ragcape (Alliance), Brutality Blade, Core Hound Tooth, Rhok'delar, Quick Strike Ring / Don Julio / Accuria (depending on race, scope etc - i prefer DJ + QSR), DM Trinket and Blackhands Breadth.

Why does BiS cloak depend on the character's faction?

19 minutes ago, Nhord said:

Alliance has the Blessing of Kings buff which scales off Agility - considering raw stats the Baroncloak is better, however, if you calc. in the stat-increase from BoK, Ragcloak should be better (at least that's how I always looked at it). The difference is minimal though.

Pre bis naxx would be:

Head and shoulders - rank 10 blue pvp (+20 agi bonus)

Gloves and pants - rank 12 purple pvp (+20 stam bonus)

Chest - T2.5

Bracers, belt, boots - T2 (+20% to hawk bonus)

Back - fallen god

Neck - prestor's

Rings - qiraji fury+bronze dragonflight

Trinkets - passive:DFT+blackhand's breadth; active: jom gabbar+earthstrike

Melee weps - silithid claw+fang of the faceless

Ranged -ashjre'thul +3hit scope

If you are allowed to take a debuff slot, 8/8 t2 is bis

(if you don't have DFT, you can swap out qiraji fury for another hit ring or c'thun cloak for aq20 one to reach 9% hit)

On 10.5.2017 at 11:42 AM, Nhord said:

On 10.5.2017 at 0:07 PM, Poly said:

Alliance has the Blessing of Kings buff which scales off Agility - considering raw stats the Baroncloak is better, however, if you calc. in the stat-increase from BoK, Ragcloak should be better (at least that's how I always looked at it). The difference is minimal though.

You actually made me redo the calculations because I was unsure about it - I uploaded it here, feel free to check it out.

Important to point out here that a similar logic makes Ragcloak better if you calc. in ZG buff.

(1 % crit ~ 35 AP used here, value depends on gear and other factors)