Dhralla

Dhralla's Hunter Guide

35 минут назад, Uklug сказал:

Given the Mortal Shots bonus, isn't it always better to go for crit rather than hit? You gain more from a crit (+130%) than you lose from a miss (-100%). I don't see why it is particularly necessary to max out hit.

For example, if I have a 100% hit chance and 15% crit chance, I would on average do 119.5% of normal damage (0.15*230% + 0.85*100%).

If I traded 5% hit for 5% crit (95% hit chance and 20% crit chance), I would expect to do 121% of normal damage (0.20*230% + 0.75*100% + 0.05*0%).

what about tranquilizng shot?

You can hit cap without really sacrificing anything. This is what your formula fails to tell you.
3% is from hit scope (do you see a crit scope anywhere?)
3% is from talent (no where else to put the points).
2% is from enchants (again, do you see a crit option?).
Tier sets have both hit and crit.
Some items have both stats literally on the same slot (ie ony necklace).

It also fails to tell you that in plenty of situations, crit is either neglectable, or just irrelevant. When I use conc shot, viper sting, wing clip, scatter shot, tranq shot; I could care less if they crit. I just want them to land. I don't EVER want to see one miss. I also have the 5% trap talent because I don't want to see any of them miss either (although they still can because of that POS 99% spell cap). You can have your slightly higher crit chance and dice rolls. I'll take my reliability.

On 9/26/2017 at 1:54 AM, Drain said:

You can hit cap without really sacrificing anything. This is what your formula fails to tell you.
3% is from hit scope (do you see a crit scope anywhere?)
3% is from talent (no where else to put the points).
2% is from enchants (again, do you see a crit option?).
Tier sets have both hit and crit.
Some items have both stats literally on the same slot (ie ony necklace).

It also fails to tell you that in plenty of situations, crit is either neglectable, or just irrelevant. When I use conc shot, viper sting, wing clip, scatter shot, tranq shot; I could care less if they crit. I just want them to land. I don't EVER want to see one miss. I also have the 5% trap talent because I don't want to see any of them miss either (although they still can because of that POS 99% spell cap). You can have your slightly higher crit chance and dice rolls. I'll take my reliability.

+1

Late game back at 60 when I raided  as a horde me and a friend of mine both raided as two separate spec hunters. He went full marks as a troll. I went survival to lightning reflexes and rest in marks. I stacked raw stat other than my ZG enchants and trinkets. It was very gear dependent. We both had full tier 2, crossbow from Chromagus .I had cloak from Ragnaros, neck and ring from Nefarian, and AQ ring with Sand Reaver barb. Enchants were plus stats on chest and ap on bracers. agility on gloves and boots DM hunter trinket and drakefang talisman. The damage between us was always running neck and neck Until the stats got better. Think about it lightning reflexes is 15% extra agility off your agility base. And yes it works off a totem, tubers, mongoose, food and motw. On top of that 8 piece tier 2 bonus proc. Do the numbers. with Hunters mark and Hawk aspect on and thorium arrows. I had more AP and crit/hit at 60 than you could get at max level in Burning Crusade. Sad but true. I swear by raw stats over AP though if its even or slightly under because Agility is always gonna be best all around. Especially late game. I respeced probably hundred of times back and forth between the builds and crunched numbers religiously. And I swear by the stat build it works awesomely with tier 2 and above. But like I tell anyone seeing is believing. And I raided hardcore from the time MC armor had no graphics till Northrend Expansion. In classic I had tier 1,2.and 3 pieces tier 3. Back then it would take you 6-8 months for a full set unless you were lucky enough to join a guild that had it all on farm and was sharding 90% of the loot.