Sign in to follow this  
whatisgoingon

Is there a 3rd AH in Bootybay / strangle or how come..?

On Elysium PvP server, I was just wondering why a guy called "Hxs" instantly bought out an item I've put in. I /who'ed him and /tar and he was no where to be found. Neither at the docks, nor in the house where the other auctioneer is.

Is there a 3rd AH in Bootybay or can I call hacker and report?

If it was "instant", then what very likely happened is that somebody with an addon's auto-buy feature enabled (likely AUX addon) was scanning the neutral auction house and "sniped" your cheap item instantly. This automation is not allowed @Elysium: 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/46497-rules-regarding-auxs-autobuy-feature/

The fact you werent able to see HXS close to the AH at the time you put the item up is that he is an alliance lvl60 rogue who stealthes while scanning the AH. It is not as Patchi suggests that he is at a different neutral AH.

The fact that afterwards (once you knew who bought your auction) you could not target HXS was likely the result of him moving away from the AH right after sniping something of value (what item did you want to trade?). He obviously knows that you would want to find him after he snipes something from you.

Also, some of the AH snipers that stand there for long hours scanning the AH in the hope of sniping something abuse the objects around the AH and some texture bugs to basically hide completely in the environment. See here, some of those have already been banned, some others are still active: 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47298-auction-bots/

I recommend you report the player because even if you dont get your item back, others will report that individual and over time the Elysium staff will see a pattern and gather more evidence to go through with banning players and their accounts. Report him in-game like this:

---  Help Button (?) >> Stuck >> Still not working. Page a GM button. Describe your issue ---

Good luck next time

18 hours ago, Patchi said:

There's also a neutral AH in Tanaris, linked to the one on Booty Bay

mate, please read. i wrote i  /who'ed him and he was in stranglethorn. not in tanaris. yes, all neutral AHs are linked, even the winterspring

32 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

Yes, there is.

10678933.jpg

As fas as I remember, the third one is in the bank.

kk, tho i did multiple times /who and /tar in different locations for this individual in booty bay and he wasn't to be found...duhstealthgivingmyselftheanswer

/thread

I can confirm that some botters (and i dont speak about stealthed rogues) are immune to the /tar function.

I dont know how they do to achieve this exploit.

Ourk, this is interesting to hear because I have never heard of any program making players unable to be targeted. If you have any evidence of this or know any more details regarding this, feel free to PM me. Until then, that is unconfirmed, because no one on staff has encountered any exploit such as this.

I am sure some people are more savvy on the tech-side and you seem to have gotten a response from Ourk already

It has already been reported here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47298-auction-bots/

The character AIMEDSHOT, a level 1 horde rogue was "hiding" around the entrance of the AH building in Everlook. You could see and target him from the outside (his nameplate would not stay still if you didnt move but go up and down as if the character jumped all the time) but not from the inside and as alliance you could target him but not attack him even with AoE damage. This character has since been either deleted or banned by you but the user of that account can definitely tell you more :)

Went to Booty Bay yesterday and today again and saw PATRICIALOL as well as another botter called PARISIENNE (see here for first post mentioning the first character: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47298-auction-bots/). 

PATRICIALOL is "hiding" either "under" the Neutral AH or "inside" the boxes around the AH to become un-targettable or un-attackable and continues to upset multiple people with his AUX auto-buys.

First picture in this link unfortunately got taken too late and only shows my pet killing PATRICIALOL who was hiding "under" the AH dock and therefore could not be attacked with my weapon. Second picture shows PATRICIALOL hiding "inside" the boxes behind the AH and is completely immune to attacks!! Thirs picture shows PARISIENNE dead which I managed to kill before he could hide.

http://imgur.com/a/W31XO

The in-game reporting of this is totally inefficient, by the time the GM have looked into it (maybe they are not even aware of all of this), they have had multiple days or a week of auto-buy bonanza. There needs to be a way of getting rid of those cheaters!